50years on

This thread is for General Discussion, and Forum Q and A.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Mike Stubbings

50years on

Post by Mike Stubbings »

Hi All, Tomorrow is my golden wedding anniversary. Earlier this evening I walked in from the garage and my wife asked "what were you doing 50yrs ago tonight"? I replied "trying to get my vintage car going". I had just ,on the eve of my wedding, put the finishing touches to a totally rebuilt BSA scout. She then asked me what I had been doing this evening,my
reply "trying to get my vintage Morris going. I thought maybe its time to give up. We left for the West Country the next day but our journey was curtailed by horrendous flooding and we only got as far a Bournemouth but had a wonderful week including a visit to the Montague Motor Museum as it was then and in a series of wooden sheds.It was great driving the little Scout around the roads and tracks of the New Forest.Not much has changed in that part of the world,just the volume of traffic. Just a little tale. Mike
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Re: 50 years on

Post by Ian Grace »

Congratulations, you two! :D
Highlander

Re: 50years on

Post by Highlander »

Mike - As I am sure you said to many young Irish Guardsmen all those years ago - 'Get some in!!' Molly and I now 54 years. I well remember the Motor Museum - it seemed miles away in those days in our 1927 Austin 7 but not so far on our 1956 Triumph Tiger 110. We can both look back with happy memories, we have the same wife, same interests, health and many more years to come. The drinks are on me!!! Cameron Highlander! 22904953.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Highlander wrote:Mike - we have the same wife
Is that legal these days? :o

Jayne and I are 27 years together and counting. Mere sprogs!
Mike Stubbings

Post by Mike Stubbings »

Thanks for your good wishes Ian,

Maybe the next time we meet at Brooklands,Highlander, we can sink a couple of pints. A bit more we have in common,I to had a Triumph in the fifties. A little more of the tale which started this,while on honey moon in Bournemouth I parked the BSA Scout in a car park at the top of a hill. On returning up the hill to the car park I was passed by rusty coloured water going down, as I approached my BSA I saw where the water was coming from. I had blown 2 core plugs. There was a Sunbeam garage in the town so I drove the car over there to get some core plugs.When they learned I was on honeymoon they dropped everything and told me to come back in a couple of hours. When I returned they had not only fixed the core plugs, they had almost done a service and checked everything. Then produced a bill which said nothing owing Good Luck. Wife sends her regards Alister and thanks for the good wishes. Regards Mike
Mike Stubbings

Post by Mike Stubbings »

Sorry Highlander, 23043820