6volt Batteries.

This thread is for discussing technical topics.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Mike Stubbings

6volt Batteries.

Post by Mike Stubbings »

Hi All, Does anyone know of a good heavy duty 6volt battery, Varta used to do one but I believe do not any more. I have always found Varta batteries excellent. I had a new 6v MG. Not sure about it. What batteries are you all using. Mike
Sam Christie

Re: 6volt Batteries.

Post by Sam Christie »

I bought a 6 volt Lincon battery in the early summer and it seems to be ideal . Their site is http://www.lincon.co.uk/
Simon

Post by Simon »

I have had two from Lincon for different Minors. I went for the higher capacity 13 plate one, the outer case is the same size as the the original one. When using the car in the summer make sure you do not boil the battery by putting the sidelights on on long journeys to keep the charging rate down to a very low level. Also check that the winter charge rate is not much more than 10 amps (large dynamo) or 8 amps (small dynamo).
Highlander

Post by Highlander »

I purchased a 6 volt Lincon battery and it works very well. Sam - I have posted the parcel 4.40pm today Monday. Hightlander
Terry Synnott

Post by Terry Synnott »

I too have found the Lincon battery to be a good buy
Simon

Post by Simon »

I made a mistake when I said 13 plate battery when it should have been the 19 plate 90 amp hr one.
Highlander

Post by Highlander »

Simon - I for one did not know what you were talking about anyway!!!!! Best wishes and how about a pint. Highlander.