Harry Edwards

This thread is for General Discussion, and Forum Q and A.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Ian Grace
Site Admin

Harry Edwards

Post by Ian Grace »

Very sad to report that Harry died in hospital early yesterday morning from surgical complications. He was 81 and had been suffering for some time from bowel cancer and had been in hospital for earlier surgery. He will be an enormous and irreplaceable loss to the Morris world.

His niece Victoria e-mailed me to let me know that she will be dealing with his in-tray in due course. I will be pasing on the thoughts and prayers of the membership of the VMR.

Bwev Hicks and Frank Ashley are working to assemble an obituary. Ken Martin also passed on the sad news - he has been a good friend of Harry's since 1963.
Ronald

Re: Harry Edwards

Post by Ronald »

A sad post to have to write Ian, harry was as you say a font of all morris knowledge. mum and dad knew him well.

I'm sure there are hundreds if not thousands of people who have benefited from his knowledge, it could even be said that the Morris world would not be what it is today without him......... and others of course............

Ronald.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

There is to be a Coroners Inquest as the surgeons are unhappy about Harry's after care, so no news yet on funeral arrangements.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Harry's funeral will be at Chelmsford large crematorium (off Writtle Road) at 2.00 p.m. on Monday 11th October. Afterwards there will be a gathering at 'The Three Compasses', West Hanningfield.

Flowers are welcome, but also/or donations to 'Wallace Kennels'. There will be a collection on the door.