Interesting enquiry

This thread is for discussing parts for sale, wanted, or surplus.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Ian Grace
Site Admin

Interesting enquiry

Post by Ian Grace »

A while back there was some discussion on another thread about scam sellers offering parts. Today I ran into a reverse example for the first time. This e-mail was received at VMR HQ overnight:

"Dear Sir/Madam,
Hope you are doing well today by the good Grace of God.I will like to know if you do have a Headlamp.
kindly let me know the types and their price ranges. Please kindly let me know if there is an extra cost when using visa or master card. I will be shipping it international to a church ministry overseas in Ghana that is building an orphanage homes.I will let the shipping company which has been picking up most of our stuff come and pick it at your store location as soon as i set up with the payment . Kindly email me back your store phone number.
Thanks very much
Rev Jerry Smith,
God bless."

I wasn't aware that there were any Minors in Ghana. :wink:
Toby

Re: Interesting enquiry

Post by Toby »

How would that work? :? !
if it's got wheels or chips - it'll cost you dear
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

I have no idea Toby. Presumably when they came to pay they would ask for your bank details so they could transfer funds? :?
Toby

Post by Toby »

If they're paying by card I suggest you sellt hem a headlight asap! :lol:
if it's got wheels or chips - it'll cost you dear
ian judd

Post by ian judd »

This is how it works. The buyer sends a cheque for too much, asks the seller to put it into their account and give whatever is left from the transaction to the person collecting the goods. The cheque will initially go through without a hitch, but two or three weeks later the sellers bank will write to them with the news that the cheque is no good. The seller loses the goods and the money.

Ian