Four speed box on eBay

This thread is for discussing parts for sale, wanted, or surplus.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Ian Grace
Site Admin

Four speed box on eBay

Post by Ian Grace »

chris lambert

Lock up your four speed boxes

Post by chris lambert »

The eBay four speeder went for £410. I bet it went to a VSCC member to put in their M Type.
Highlander

4 speed boxes.

Post by Highlander »

I did well buyinga 4 speed box last week for £50. I thought this about right! Any idea what happened to all the minor spares at the last Hereford sale
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

I think Tony Gamble and Simon Hodgins were there, but I'm not sure what they picked up.
Highlander

Help ! My 4 speed box has seized!

Post by Highlander »

Speeding down to Purley this morning at 40-45mph thinking this is the life when suddenly the minor stopped dead in 10 yards!!!. Engine running but smoke coming through the carpets over the gearbox. The minor could not be pushed - something locked solid. Help came and we bumped and pushed and lifted the minor off the road. Carpet and gearbox covers removed to see the nose from gearbox to propshaft Bearing cover was red hot abd gears and propshaft woulod not move. RAC came out and got me home. Gearbox out of car but the nose (rear of gearbox) only moves quarter of an inch so bearing must be seized mon shaft - any ideas how to remove this end plate? I have done it dozens of time and it should be no problem. Plenty of oil in the gearbox. My £50 4 speed box has some small items missing so I need this gearbox splitn to make up one good one. Happy Motoring!!!! Alister Highlander Reid.