Rear fuel tank urgently needed

This thread is for discussing parts for sale, wanted, or surplus.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Ian Grace
Site Admin

Rear fuel tank urgently needed

Post by Ian Grace »

Guys,

We have a member in Switzerland that just got scammed out of £130 trying to buy a rear fuel tank in England.

Can anyone possibly help him with a rear tank - urgently needed for his SV Minor.

Any help sincerely appreciated.
Toby

Re: Rear fuel tank urgently needed

Post by Toby »

sadly i have to sort mine out too! Do we know how he got scammed? Hopefully not any of us;-is this related to the minor ripping off last year? Perhaps warnings could be sent out to vmr members?
if it's got wheels or chips - it'll cost you dear
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Re: Rear fuel tank urgently needed

Post by Ian Grace »

I'm not sure, but I do know that I have had scam e-mails twice myself when advertising for Minor items online. Once was a few years agho when I advertised on the Vintage Knowledge website for anything McEvoy and the second one was only a few days ago when I advertised for a couple of bits for KR on the VMR website. Both times I received a very odd e-mail in very broken English asuring my that the seller had these parts. I deleted both e-mails.

In this case, the buyer's English was so poor that he probably didn't recognize the odd language and ended up sending money. So I'm certain it wasn't a Register member. I called the UK number given by the 'seller', and of course it was not available. :?