KR 5670

Use this area to post details of your cars, your restorations, photos or rally reports.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Ian Grace
Site Admin

Re: KR 5670

Post by Ian Grace »

Kartik,

Your car and its resurrection are no less fascinating for me to read about.

It is good to know that, from Seattle to Jaipur, there are people all over the world who share a common passion for these 80 year old English cars and are doing their best to bring them back from the brink of extinction. Long may this continue.

Ian
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Here is Olive Willats on the day in 2004 when she was visited by David Roscoe at her home in Devon. That's the FIAME cup that she won on the bonnet of David's Semi-sports, as well as some other rally memorabilia. There is a letter from VSCC member Laurence Sawyers in the May issue of the Automobile correcting information published a few months ago in Finds and Discoveries. I am not sure where the magazine got their information.

Anyway, she won her class in the Concours, and this is the cup she won. An amazing lady who died in 2005 - just over a year after this photo was taken.

Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Updated ETA for the container just received - now due into Port of Seattle Sunday 1st May.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Getting closer - she will be in LAX in a couple of hours.

Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Now heading for Oakland, so will be passing under the Golden Gate in a few hours time. Not sure where she's going next, but it shouldn't take ten days to get to Seattle - she's due here on the first of May, or she might get in early.

Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Just approaching the Golden Gate. And just visible on the web cam.

Coming in thru the Gate and heading behind Alcatraz:

And here she is from a different camera - that's the Bay Bridge in the background, which connects downtown San Francisco with Oakland, where the ship is heading :

Finally a high res webcam view. My container is that red one just in the middle. :D

Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Now she's off to Japan! I can only assume that the container was off-loaded in Oakland and is completing the journey by road.

Ronald

Post by Ronald »

I sure hope so Ian.......... you've waited long enough for it........
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Reminds me of Kate Winslet in Titanic - floating around in the water crying 'Come back"! :D
halbe

Post by halbe »

let's hope they unloaded the right red container :D :D
Highlander

Post by Highlander »

I have been sea-sick for a month!! All the best Ian. Highlander.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Looks like you'll have to stay sea-sick a little longer. I just spoke to the agent who spoke to the broker who tells us that the container did indeed get offloaded from the Kobe Express last weekend but will be forwarded on to Seattle on another ship - now not due in to Seattle until 6th May! :cry:
KartikeyaL

Post by KartikeyaL »

:cry:
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Latest update just in from my shipping agent. Due into Port of Seattle next Wednesday and should be delivered to me Friday - a week today. I should have the second vessel's name on Monday, so I'll be able to track her in.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Latest update from the shippers is that the container should be released in Seattle tomorrow, so delivered to me Thursday or Friday. Even the agent wasn't sure whether it is arriving by ship or rail from Oakland. I should have final confirmation tomorrow some time. I have a 6' x 12' flatbed box trailer with ramp rented from U-Haul because their car trailer has separate tracks and they are too wide apart for the Minor. And I'm hauling it with a Chevvy Suburban. Delivery will be to my office which has a truck unloading dock which is perfect, then I'll be doing three runs back to the house in the evening - two for the cars and one for the Mirror dinghy. And I have checked that the dinghy trailer's 50 mm ball hitch will fit the 2" ball on the Suburban. The tailboard electrics almost certainly won't be compatible, so I'll make sure I shift that in daylight. So I think we're all set for the big day.