SV distributor/oil pump drive

This thread is for discussing parts for sale, wanted, or surplus.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Toby

SV distributor/oil pump drive

Post by Toby »

Having found that out of 6 drive gears for SV engines only 1 was not worn excessively, thus making for inaccurate timing, I am tentatively trying to get a price for some. I would imagine that as my pattern appears to not be hardened these were originally a part that was replaced every rebore and that some costs were saved on production? " questions, is anyone interested in one? I know they can't be seen and your engine works well but chances are it's worn and your timing is vague or you might be getting slivers of tooth in your oil! secondly does anyone have one to hand to try a file on the teeth to see if it's hardened as they seem to vary in design and either they fit another car or were so regularly replaced that other companies made them! :shock: I am assuming the set up costs would be high but as with the firewalls once programmed in they would be fairly cheap so a bulk order would spread the set up costs a bit....
if it's got wheels or chips - it'll cost you dear
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Re: SV distributor/oil pump drive

Post by Ian Grace »

Toby,

I would be interested in one. I suspect that the crank gear was hardened and the driven gear not, because it is far easier to replace the latter!
Toby

Re: SV distributor/oil pump drive

Post by Toby »

thats my thinking.... :D the distributor drive can be scratched with a file.
if it's got wheels or chips - it'll cost you dear