PC 0-80mph Speedometer

This thread is for discussing parts for sale, wanted, or surplus.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Sam Christie

PC 0-80mph Speedometer

Post by Sam Christie »

I have the one below in need of restoration -

ImageImage

but I am looking for a PC 0-80mph like the example above for a special project -

They are both 'PC'. Can anyone help?
Toby

Re: PC 0-80mph Speedometer

Post by Toby »

You could start with this info I posted last year, lots of vintage guages and cutouts, switches etc.

At Prescot there was a stall with several cf3 cutouts for sale at £40 and also gauges of various types with what looked like cammy light switch in a dash. I took the guys number for anyone who may want to contact him. Greg Clark 01773 550485

Keep an eye on ebay too, Beaulieu is coming up as well, although not as big as the september one. Also try the chronometric instrument restorers advertising in the Automobile and classic motor monthly...
or advertise as wanted in classic motor monthly (CMM)
:D
if it's got wheels or chips - it'll cost you dear
Terry Synnott

Post by Terry Synnott »

Sam, if you want to sell the 0-60 one then I need one for my 1929 tourer
Simon

Post by Simon »

It might be worth trying the Wolseley Hornet Special Club as the the early Hornets with the 3 speed gearbox and the vertical dynamo had the 0-80 speedometer.
Sam Christie

Post by Sam Christie »

Thanks to all for the advice.

Simon I have placed a request for help on the Wolseley Hornet Special Club notice board.

Toby, I have spoken with Greg Clark's father who sounds a really knowledgeable about instruments and he in turn will speak to Greg for me.

Terry, I may need to use the PC 0-60 MPH speedometer if I cannot find the PC 0-80 MPH type - I will just have to drive more slowly. I will endeavour to let you know if the PC 0-60 MPH becomes available as I hope it will.
halbe

Post by halbe »

Hello Sam,

Hope this will work but what is the special project you need the pc 0/80 mph for????

Regards,
Halbe
Sam Christie

Post by Sam Christie »

Hello Halbe,

I am thinking very seriously about building some form of replica or special. I am slowly collecting the parts to build an engine, hopefully using a modern crankshaft for example, with a view to a car with a light attractive body to go a little faster than standard. I am inspired by CMS Specials and Semi Sports for example, but I am still thinking the body style over as I gather up the parts which I would like to incorporate.

Regards,

Sam
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Sam,

How about building a McEvoy-bodied M Type? We recently learned that McEvoy offered bodies for aftermarket fit on the M chassis. The result would have been an extremely handsome car - not entirely unlike Bayne-Powell's Jarvis M. I'll be able to provide detailed data on the body tub shortly.
Sam Christie

Post by Sam Christie »

Ian,
I am looking forward to hearing more about the McEvoy bodied M-type. It is sad that no original M-type McEvoys have survived.It would not be the worst fate for an otherwise redundant chassis to end up back on the road wearing a faithful copy of an interesting body belonging to the same period.It is all food for thought.
Sam Christie

Post by Sam Christie »

Another option for me would be to use a Smiths PCN 0-80 . Does anyone have one or the makings of one of these surplus?