Battery Box

This thread is for discussing technical topics.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

george

Battery Box

Post by george »

I am currently rebuilding a 1933 2 seater tourer, unfortunately the battery box is missing. From my memory the 1933 Minor I owned in 1950 had a metal box attached to the chassis under the drivers seat. If anyone has any drawing or photographs with measurements I would be most greatfull.
regards to all George Ball
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Re: Battery Box

Post by Ian Grace »

I can do better than that - I have a full scale card pattern taken from an original box. I'd be happy to post it to you. Anyone else need one?
george

Post by george »

Great! I should be delighted to receive one it will mean another problem solved.

George 312
jeroen

Post by jeroen »

Dear Ian,
Just a mere glance at the crumbling remnants of what once must have been the batterybox in my Minor fills me with an ovewhelming sadness rendering me unfit for any constructive -let alone restorative- activity. These gloomy remnants have lost all similarity with the daytime image we have of a batterybox. only their former position on the car frame betrays their identity. They have no beginning and no end so they don't even allow measurements taken for a sketch. Without mercy they confront me with the miserable esentials of their decay, emphasizing the terrible and paralyzing words: Rust werst thou and to rust thou shallt return. Can you imagine a message more depressing for someone restoring an automobile? Well, I can't , so please I implore, honour this request and send me a copy of your drawing of a real Minor batterybox,
I shall receive it gratefully. Best regards,
Jeroen van der Hage.
Toby

Post by Toby »

Jeroen, Please note, in "marketplace" John Nagle is having a batch of boxes made.... think it's under "parts being made"!
if it's got wheels or chips - it'll cost you dear