yet another

This thread is for discussing parts for sale, wanted, or surplus.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Mike Stubbings

yet another

Post by Mike Stubbings »

Hi All, I have just seen another Minor. Its on ebay and looks a pretty straight forward restoration or re- commission. A 1934 Tourer. Get bidding. An Aberdeen Reg AV5536.And only two owners. Good luck if you bid. Mike
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Re: yet another

Post by Ian Grace »

Thanks Mike.

Here it is.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1934-Morris-8-Tou ... 19b9ff9fdc

Looks like it was actually registered in late 1932, and it's a 1933 season car. Also looks like a good clean and service, and it could be put back on the road. Nice 1929 front bumper and radiator script too!
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

The seller, Barry Allsop e-mailed me to ask what exactly this car is - having been told that it was a 1934 Morris 8 tourer. I have asked Barry for the chassis number if he has it - I'm guessing possibly something like SV24000 or so if Glass's can be believed (see also 'Two Letter Index Marks' in the Members' Area). We shall see shortly.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Bidding is brisk on this one, but it is still miquoted as a 33/34 when it is a 32/33 - it will be interesting to see what Jen Lees' identical and up and running 2-seater achieves at auction tomorrow. The estimate has been upped to GBP 3-4k. Tony and Jen explain "Sorry to be leaving the Minor family but since buying the 30-98 simply have too many cars to drive."
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

I now have the chassis number for this car which confirms production around November/December 1932, and almost immediate registration in December of that year. The seller has asked that the chassis number not be published, so I will respect his wishes.
Barry

Post by Barry »

Does anyone know which auction was selling Jen Lees Minor and what price it achieved please?
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

H&H at The Pavilion Gardens, Derbyshire.

Haven't heard from Tony and Jen yet.
Trevor Wilkinson

Post by Trevor Wilkinson »

According to H&H site it sold for £5280
Barry

Post by Barry »

Thank you Trevor
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Yes, thanks Trevor.

And I see that an A7 Ulster with no racing history or MoT went for £24,200, which is utterly breathtaking! I wonder what the registration number is worth ... :o :o :o

http://www.classic-auctions.com/lotdeta ... ucid=29152
Highlander

Post by Highlander »

£24,200 for an Ulster??? The blurb states it is nother special although original. What would the number OV 9 be worth? Can an Ulster be worth much more than £12000? Whilst on Ulsters - did the Irish blue two seater sell?, the one with the blown up engine? Looked a nice car as does the current green Aberdeen reg two seater on e. bay. Where will it all end. Highlander.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

After commission, etc., Tony and Jen got GBP 4,800 for their 2-seater yesterday.
Highlander

Post by Highlander »

I see the Aberdeenshire numbered minor was sold on e.bay for under £4000. This must be a good buy? Has one of us bought it? Ian you mentioned a buyers premium from dealers - I understand that- I cannot understand why Members do not try and sell their minors to us first and if nothing happens yes try e.bay or a dealer. I am sure the US registered minor would have sold via the register and the seller would have been better off. Am I missing something? Highlander.
Toby

Post by Toby »

Nice idea but the Maltby saloon was offered to us for a long time and ebay seems to achieve realistic prices! I have seen so many minors I would love to save but I can't afford to fettle em all or drive them all or store them all! :(
if it's got wheels or chips - it'll cost you dear