Jack Blyth

This thread is for General Discussion, and Forum Q and A.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Ian Grace
Site Admin

Jack Blyth

Post by Ian Grace »

As reported on the website, Jack has been elevated to the lofty rank of Honorary Member. But a brief website reference cannot possibly do justice to Jack, his life story or his enthusiasm for our cars spanning forty years. And his continued enthusiasm and activity is all the more laudable in view of his senior years.

If you read the report from M 112 of his South Island circumnavigation, you will have noticed his parting remark about a follow-up circumnavigation of North Island - possibly in 2008. Jack reports that his elevation the Peerage has provided him with the incentive to plan this trip, which will take place this summer down under - i.e. late this year or early next year. Neville Wilson will probably be joining Jack for some of the trip and any other members are welcome to join in.

Anyone half Jack's age interested in a similar circumnavigation of GB in their Minor? To celebrate our Tenth Anniversary? Starting from our Summer Rally? That would also be about 1,400 miles, wouldn't it?
Highlander

Re: Jack Blyth

Post by Highlander »

I have twice circumnavigated Scotland - Gretna Green, turn left and end up in Berwick and then across back to Gretna. That was over 600 miles. I would say it was over 1600 miles. It is a long slog and both trips took 8 days. I did it in a Humber 9.20 (1927) and a RR 20hp two seater (1923) Go for it. Highlander.