Morris Film Library - The One Hundred Pound Car Is Here

This thread is for discussing parts for sale, wanted, or surplus.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Ian Grace
Site Admin

Morris Film Library - The One Hundred Pound Car Is Here

Post by Ian Grace »

From Gren Strickland:

"We are clearing out our house of 30+ years worth of hoarding! We have intentions of down-sizing before we get too old. I've come across a VHS video which may be of interest to someone. It's the 'Morris Film Library - The One Hundred Pound Car Is Here'. I'm sure you are aware of this video. A quick search Online and it seems it quite rare now - maybe because of the advent of DVD's? It cost £14.99 when I bought it, but if anyone is interested, I'd be quite happy to package it up and send it to them for the cost of the postage only - I'm guessing about £2.50. If not, I'll throw it in the car booting mountain!"

Contact Gren at gstrickland@btinternet.com
Highlander

Re: Morris Film Library - The One Hundred Pound Car Is Here

Post by Highlander »

I would be interested in the DVD. I tried the e.mail link but could not get through (or out) Where do I go from here? Highlander. Gren, I can be reached on
0208 393 6732.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Odd - I copied Gren's e-mail address from his e-mail to me, so it is correct. I'll forward his e-mail to you, Alister, and then you should simply be able to hit 'Reply'

Ian
Highlander

Post by Highlander »

I have just sent Gren an e.mail. I sent it from scratch and typed the address as normal. That was OK. However I must ask, not being a computer man, when I clicked onto Grens e.mail address on the foram (inblue) I got an e.mail box and typed my message but when I tried to send it it would not go POP or something. This happens when I click straight on an address on the forum. Perhaps this is not what one should do? Try clicking on your e.mail to me the blue Gren e.mail address and see what happens. Thank anyway. Alister.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Alister,

It looks like your default e-mail application, which launches automatically when you click on an e-mail address on a web page (such as the forum) isn't the same as your actual e-mail application that you use for all your regular e-mailing. It probably defaults to MS Outlook, and you are using something else for your e-mail?

The fix is either to reset your default to match what you are actually using as an e-mail application, or, when the blank e-mail launches, copy the address and then open a new e-mail in your regular e-mail package and paste it in as the addressee - if that makes sense!
Sam Christie

Post by Sam Christie »

:idea: It would be good if a member was able to make a DVD copy of this tape which might then be more readily copied and shared.
Tony Gamble

Post by Tony Gamble »

Sam

I have a copy of the Heritage Motoring Films VHS " The One Hundred Pound Car is here" together with the " At Cowley" VHS about production of the Morris Minor etc.

I would be able to transfer both of these to DVD ..... BUT ...... it would surely be infringing the copyright and this is held by British Motor Industry Heritage Trust 1991 ! I fear that they would require a fair sum to release copyright for our copying purpose.

Unfortunately.

Tony G
Toby

Post by Toby »

wouldn't a copy just be like taping (DVDing) it from the telly? As long as it wasn't "for hire or reward" and wasn't for broadcasting :?
if it's got wheels or chips - it'll cost you dear
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

I think this, or something very similar, is still available from the Heritage Motor Centre on DVD.

http://www.heritage-motor-centre.co.uk/ ... index.html
Mike Stubbings

Post by Mike Stubbings »

Hi All, These were amongst other very good films from the Morris Library and worth looking out for.I believe they are available on dvd now. There are also some good books worth looking out for, Morris Road Tests and reports which was a Morris Register Publication, Sixty years of Morris by Michael Sedgewick another by the Register,Morris Cars the first thirty five years,published 1978 again by the register and lastly The Making of the Motor Car by Michael Ware 1895-1930. This has some very good photo,s of the Morris cars. I purchased all mine back in the seventies so I do not know what the availability is from the register now. Mike