The Register's Tenth Anniversary

This thread is for General Discussion, and Forum Q and A.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Ian Grace
Site Admin

The Register's Tenth Anniversary

Post by Ian Grace »

I have just spent a fascinating hour or so trawling through the Register's photographic archive from the early days - the first 900 or so photos were filed away carefully with full details. I plan to publish many of them in this year's Magazines and the 2010 Yearbook to mark the anniversary.

Here's an example - OHC saloon SV 8134 (M33032) when it was being trailered home from Dave Cooksey by the then purchaser Geoff Moore in 2002. Since then it has been owned by dealer Nicky Paul-Baron, then Mike Nicholls, then Tony Gamble, and now Chris Butler-Cole.

And I can't resist posting this one - just for Highlander! This is Jock Mackay's 1928 tourer about to do some serious hauling somewhere north of the border. Jock was persistent and lucky enough to track down the first owner of this car and visit her with the restored car at her nurses home around 2000. Is that three oil rigs in the left distance?

Highlander

Re: The Register's Tenth Anniversary

Post by Highlander »

Superb photograph of the Minor Saloon at Kinlochbervie. This is only 25 miles south of Cape Wrath in the very North of Scotland. Thisn is ideal vintage car motoring country with single track roads and very little traffic. I have done this area many times. Even in a modern car it is worth the trip. Start at Oban and travel north to Cape Wrath turn right to John O Groats then down to Inverness, across to Aberdeenshire down to Stonehaven and nthen back across to Dunkeld, Aberfeldy and back to Oban. I am feeling better. Highlander.