The Rosemary Burke OHC saloon

This thread is for General Discussion, and Forum Q and A.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Ian Grace
Site Admin

The Rosemary Burke OHC saloon

Post by Ian Grace »

This famous and much-traveled car - JA 1083 (M26734) - was broken up many moons ago and made into a tourer - an activity that is decidedly frowned upon in vintage circles these days. The car is now owned by member Dave Aston and registered MM 9326 under another original Minor logbook (chassis number M12965). The original saloon body is with Tony Gamble, and I sold the logbook about 15 years ago, with another chassis frame, to a chap in the Midlands who was going to build a Riely-engined special. In more recent times, all attempts to track down this chap through the Riley world have drawn a blank - until he offered the kit for sale in the December VSCC Newsletter.

I just called him, and he has sold the kit - to a chap in Scunthorpe - he believes. He hasn't got the new owner's details (here we go again!), but is expecting a cheque from him shortly, so hopefully we will be able to record the name of the new owner in the register records.
Toby

Re: The Rosemary Burke OHC saloon

Post by Toby »

I believe there is a chap up that way, near Tony, who has several minors but flatly refuses to join a club, never got his name.
if it's got wheels or chips - it'll cost you dear