Christmas virtual pub meet

This thread is for discussing past and future events.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

SV_Minor

Re: Christmas virtual pub meet

Post by SV_Minor »

I'm still holding on to a degree of hope for decent weather this coming Sunday. the 18th, so I can use either the Minor or the 2CV to attend the Herefordshire 'old car' club lunchtime meeting in Hay-on-Wye (not in Herefordshire, even though it has a HR postcode). Looking increasingly likely I'll be going in the Golf.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Good luck. If you do get the Minor out, please take some photos. We arrive at the cottage the day before, so we will be busy sorting the place and getting logs, Christmas tree, etc. in! Still hoping the roads will be salt-free so we can get the fabric saloon out. I don't mind using it the wet, but salt plays havoc with old iron, not to mention the fabric!
SV_Minor

Post by SV_Minor »

It doesn't help that my Minor is a two-seater and it doesn't have any side-screens. So if it does go out in the rain then I'll end up getting wet just sitting in it!! :shock: :oops: :cry: :lol:
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Don't understand the problem. I used to commute up the M1 weekly in my SV 2-seater to RAF Henlow from Wokingham. Winter of 1978. I also had no sidescreens - the snow came in one side and out the other!

Happy days!
SV_Minor

Post by SV_Minor »

Ahh, but both me and my car are older than you and your car were in 1978. I wouldn't have given it a second thought 20 years ago. :lol: Also... there are FAR MORE vehicles on the roads today, mostly SUVs driven by idiots who'll just not see me in the poor light of winter.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Agreed!
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Just a quick note to wish all our members and Register friends a great Christmas and a fabulous 2024 motoring season.

Jayne and I are looking forward greatly to returning to England next June after living and working abroad for nearly 30 years.

To one and all we raise a virtual Yuletide glass!

Ian