Castings anyone?

This thread is for discussing technical topics.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Ian Grace
Site Admin

Castings anyone?

Post by Ian Grace »

Our member Parth in India is planning to have a batch of (late 1931-1934) SV Minor cylinder block water outlets cast and would be interested if anyone else would like one. The test casting has not been completed, so no promises can be made, but Parth is confident of a good product, so would like to hear from anyone in need.

He has also suggested that having castings made in India is relatively cheap and would welcome suggestions as to other items that members might be in need of. Anyone got any Minor or M Type ideas?
Highlander

Re: Castings anyone?

Post by Highlander »

Ian, If it is the side water outlet for s/v minors I have a dozen!!!! All new. Anyone can have one for free! Christmas has come early, Highlander.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Well, I think Parth will have difficulty beating that price - outsourcing isn't always the answer, it seems! I'll let him know. Please put me down for one for the McEvoy. Can I pick it up at Prescott?
Simon

Post by Simon »

Alister,
Can I please have one as I have a SV engine that needs restoring- the correct engine type for the Jensen. Thanks. No hurry, the next spring meet will do.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

This from Parth this morning:

"Ah, the mold is already made for mine and my sending the money for shipping it to India would be more expensive than making some for myself, so its more like a point of no return for me. But I hope that I would be able to continue making this offer long after Alister's dozen have gone, now that I have the mold! However, if my little casting experiment does not work, I know where to get one from!"

Parth's offer of making other castings is still open - any takers? Like spring hangers perhaps? Or OHC top water outlets - with or without the fan bracket?
Toby

Post by Toby »

how about dumbirons for the front?
if it's got wheels or chips - it'll cost you dear