Grüße

This thread is for General Discussion, and Forum Q and A.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

SideValveMan

Grüße

Post by SideValveMan »

Hello one and all.

It's been a long time since I last clicked on the VMR website and even longer since I last popped my head into the forum. It was really good to see everything is still going nicely and just tickety-boo. I can't remember exactly how long ago it was that we sold our Morris Minor, but I hazzard a guess at 3 years....?

We both still remember the fun times we had whilst owning our Minor, meeting everyone and joining in at some of the events. It's a shame the current owner (a private collector) hasn't come forward to join the rest of you.

Just to let you know we are still part of the Motoring World - only of the German persuasion (still). We sold our VW Campervan earlier this year and upgraded to something a little more fitting to our age (read that as something which has 'Central Heating', 'Hot & Cold Running Water', 'Shower' etc etc). Here's a picture:

We've travelled to a number of places in it to date and on each occasion the weather has been great. Sunshine everytime - and who says the English Summer wasn't very good?!
We are looking forward yet more trips, weekends away and holidays next year - but only after we have installed a larger, more powerful VW TDi engine in it (work in progress at the moment).

I've heard a rumour the 2010 rally may be returning back up to the Old Warden area. 8)

Depending on the dates, you might just spot the above Karmann Gipsy in the locale :wink:

Happy Motoring (as Ian would say!!).

Cheers.
--
Gren
VW Karmann Gipsy

http://www.karmann-coachbuilts.com
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Re: Grüße

Post by Ian Grace »

Sehr geeherter Gren,

Good to hear from you - yes we are all well and pressing on in our various ways with our various Minors - as you can see.

The 2010 Summer Rally will be back at Prescott - full details on the website - and you and Jan would be most welcome to join us of course, but not sure you'd be too keen on attacking the hill in your V Dub! :o :o :o

Met vriendelijke groet (oops - that's Dutch! :D )
SideValveMan

Post by SideValveMan »

Ian Grace wrote:....but not sure you'd be too keen on attacking the hill in your V Dub! :o :o :o
Oh, that hurt. :D

So much so that ..... http://www.karmann-coachbuilts.com/tech ... renjs1.htm

Hills? Hills no problem now! :wink:
--
Gren
VW Karmann Gipsy

Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Hi Gren,

Cool!

Nice to see you popping in again. Hope you had a good Christmas and best wishes to you and the family for the New Year. I have it in my mind that you moved from Crowthorne a while back?

Incidentally, I lost track of your 2-seater when you passed it on - it seems to have gone to ground - like so many Minors seem to do.
SideValveMan

Post by SideValveMan »

Ian Grace wrote:Hi Gren,

Cool!

Nice to see you popping in again. Hope you had a good Christmas and best wishes to you and the family for the New Year. I have it in my mind that you moved from Crowthorne a while back?
Yes you are right. We moved from Berkshire to Hampshire on the hottest day of June 2010.
Incidentally, I lost track of your 2-seater when you passed it on - it seems to have gone to ground - like so many Minors seem to do.
Not for long so it seems! Just checked out your website and had a bit of a surprise to see it featuring on there. I believe that photo was taken at the rally in Leicestershire.

I'm not sure if Bruce Reay was the gentleman I sold it too. The name doesn't ring any bells.
--
Gren
VW Karmann Gipsy