Christmas 2009

This thread is for General Discussion, and Forum Q and A.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Ian Grace
Site Admin

Christmas 2009

Post by Ian Grace »

With Christmas just around the corner, my company is already gearing up for Secret Santa gifts, socials and more, which made me think about the VMR. Living so far from England, I always like to receive Christmas cards from my old car friends – particularly ones depicting old cars!

So here’s an idea which might be worthwhile and may well lead to new friendships. Why not check out the Members’ List and pick, say, ten members - perhaps ones that you don’t necessarily know, and possibly some that live far away around the globe, and add them to your Christmas card list. You might like to include a brief note and a few details/photo of your car(s) and family along with some seasonal best wishes to them and their families. Perhaps you could pick members with cars identical to yours in year and type. You might also look for members who do not have e-mail addresses, and so have more tenuous communications with the Register. You might also consider the Honorary Members - all of whom have given far more to our hobby than they have taken. I would be happy to provide suggested addresses if you don't want to plought through the Members' List yourself.

As for the holidays themselves, is there any interest in local Christmas dinners anywhere, or New Year's Day meets - or even a Boxing Night Informal?! If so, I will co-ordinate as best I can.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Re: Christmas 2009

Post by Ian Grace »

Well, to start the Yuletide festivities rolling, we would be most welcome at the Inaugural VSCC's Mayfair Pub Versatility Trial on 2nd December. Signing on is between 7.00 p.m. and 7.45 p.m. at the Coach and Horses, Bruton Street, Mayfair and will be followed by a walking tour of Mayfiar's finest hostelries with offerings from Fullers, Youngs and many more to be trialled. No competition license, fireproof overalls or helmets required. Further details fmay be had from the Clerk of the Course, Dan Geogegan (d@nielg.com) or the Eligibility Scrutineer, Tim Parker (timothyparker@hotmail.co.uk), or the Chief Handicapper - our very own Kevin Lee (kevin@ddi.co.uk), or call 07776/156111 on the night to find out where we are. :D