Small parts desperately needed

This thread is for discussing parts for sale, wanted, or surplus.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Ian Grace
Site Admin

Small parts desperately needed

Post by Ian Grace »

This just in from Dave Manning - can anyone help him?

"Hi Ian,

I am still trying to get HX7747 finished but I seem to be at the brick wall with nowhere to go. I need a few small bits to complete .... as follows 6 x round door hinge ball shaped spacers if that's what they are called. Also headlight reflector spring - I've one missing. Also, I can't fix fuel tap as it leaks. It's a double tap and the cork seals need replacing. Believe me, I have tried everywhere and also people I know but no result. I am getting to the stage where I might just give up and sell the car and find another project! Thanks to anyone who could point me in the right direction or anyone who could sell said items. Regards, Dave Manning. Phone 01773/607049 or e-mail gill_manningmanning@btinternet.com"

It sounds to me like all these items could be purchased from Paul Beck? I believe there are two sizes of door hinge ball - can anyone let me know the right size for the Ninor hinges - I think it is the smaller of the two, but can't remember the actual dimension. Also, I think there is a replacement fuel tap available from Paul Beck? Not exactly the original type, but it does work?
Simon

Re: Small parts desperately needed

Post by Simon »

Ian,
I am not sure if I have got any more fuel tap seals, I will have a look. If not, I suppose that I shall have to make some more :lol: .Harry Edwards (Yesterdays Components) may well be able to supply the brass balls and bolts etc for the door hinges.
mike houston

Post by mike houston »

Ian,
I phoned Dave at 09.30hrs this morning and gave him Harry Edward's phone number. Hopefully he will be able to supply Dave's needs,
Mike Houston.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Mike,

Many thanks - judging by the tone of Dave's e-mail, I think he needs a little moral support as much as the parts. I've been there with rebuilds too - particularly in the final stages, when all the easy stuff has been done and all that is left is the small but difficult tasks.
Toby

Post by Toby »

I was going to suggest Harry too! The clips should be no problem, try bernard Bryant or Tim Hodgekiss, Paul Beck, Woolies, Lancaster vintage and classic spares, or most likely-the electrical parts co. lucas spares from i930s to 1970s 01584 811118
Even more likely is the fabulous Keith Joseph, although A****n 7 man, he does replica lucas headlamps for our minors and can supply new reflectors only or build up a new unit so he must have clips (mine were supplied in kit form with loose clips) 01785 850916
if it's got wheels or chips - it'll cost you dear
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Thanks - am passing all these replies on to David.

Ian
Toby

Post by Toby »

have dug out a clip, am looking for balls! Think thry're the same as old minis?
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Cool!
Toby

Post by Toby »

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/KMM170-HINGE-REPA ... 286.c0.m14

This is a repair kit for a mini van rear door, as a matter of curiosity does anyone know if mini door balls do fit minors? Handy to know for anyone else needing them? :shock: And yes,I must get out more but having been away from ebay for weeks I'm having an ebay frenzy!!!
Mike Stubbings

Post by Mike Stubbings »

Hi All, If Dave does not get his balls sorted out let me know I used to have a large tin full of them,should be around somewhere. Being without your balls is enough to depress anyone. Mike.