M Type Bonnet and Apron catches

This thread is for discussing parts for sale, wanted, or surplus.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Orstin

M Type Bonnet and Apron catches

Post by Orstin »

To solve my own problem of lack of Bonnet and Apron catches for my M type, I have resorted to getting my own made. I'm hoping that these will be of interest to a number of people and would like to offer them to a wider audience. Bonnet catches are slightly different from the apron catches in that they don't have the upstand that engages with the bonnet sides, in all other respects, they are identical.The cost will be £45 each plus an amount for P&P (depending on number supplied) They will come as shown, finished in bright nickel or chrome to choice. Please contact me directly if you have an interest. I am looking to place a firm order for production by Friday 16th October with delivery hopefully 2 - 3 weeks after that.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Re: M Type Bonnet and Apron catches

Post by Ian Grace »

Thanks Hugh - these look great. I'll add them to the website as well.

Ian
Orstin

Re: M Type Bonnet and Apron catches

Post by Orstin »

Just a quick reminder that orders for the Bonnet and Apron catches should be with me by Friday 16th October please. Since I have started advertising these, one or two recurring questions have been asked, so I thought I would answer them here.

No, I'm not making any money on these myself.

No, I won't be offering these over the long term or holding stock, this is a one off arrangement.

It is possible that these will be available through our usual suppliers in the future, but that will be an arrangement between my supplier and any interested trader.

Yes, these are perfect for 18/80's and the like.

Finally, the arrival of these has sparked a bit of debate about design. These were copied from an original, but it appears there were 2 or perhaps 3 slightly differing styles (detail only). Current opinion is that these are the earliest design.

Thanks to those who have ordered already.

Hugh