subscription by check

This thread is for General Discussion, and Forum Q and A.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

jeroen

subscription by check

Post by jeroen »

I’ve been a VMR member now for nearly a year and coming November I shall prolong my membership by paying 20GBP to VMR, probably by sending a check because there does not seem to be an alternative way of paying.
Last year I paid 23 Euro for 20 GBP but my bank charged me 21 Euro on top of that for
transferring the money by check. In the Euro countries checks have become obsolete, most money transfers take place on internet from one bankaccount to another. And I must pay this ridiculous charge because handling a check is no longer standard procedure for the bank.
If VMR would open a bankaccount I could pay my subscription by e-mail. This would not only be a relief for all continental members but also to VMR itself because banking by e-mail is so much faster and easier than banking by slow-mail.
Jeroen van der Hage
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Re: subscription by check

Post by Ian Grace »

Hi Jeroen,

There are two non-cheque alternatves for you - one is to pay by PayPal, the other is to transfer funds into my bank account. If you have PayPal, simply pay GBP 21 to kangamingo@gmail.com (and e-mail me at vintageminor@gmail.com to let me know). (The extra GBP 1 is to cover PayPal charges.) If you would like to pay by transfer to my account, I can e-mail you my account details. The same goes for everyone else.

Hope this helps,

Ian
jeroen

Re: subscription by check

Post by jeroen »

Hi Ian,
Yes this helps a lot. I would prefer to transfer directly from my account to yours without an intermediate like PayPal. In that case I shall have to know the Bank Identifier Code (BIC) of your bank and the International Bank Account Number (IBAN) of your account. Will you mail those to me please? My payment is due in November and my e-mail address is: hagerens@wanadoo.nl
Thank you in advance, Jeroen