Beaulieu autojumble sept 12th/13th

This thread is for discussing past and future events.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Toby

Beaulieu autojumble sept 12th/13th

Post by Toby »

As usual I will be at this event, drop in and see me at the unofficial vmr stand! R327 and R328 :D
if it's got wheels or chips - it'll cost you dear
Toby

Re: Beaulieu autojumble sept 12th/13th

Post by Toby »

After a number of wet Beaulieus it was glorious weather and I came accross Simon Hodgins, Mike Houston, Wilf Sentance, Stuart Clark and others. By the wonders of modern technology a cammy rad was successfully bartered for on behalf of a vmr member. For a change there was quite a lot of minor stuff about but the top priced item had to be a bare minor front axle on an MG dealers stall marked up as M type £225.00? A number (about 6) of 3 speed gearboxes were around but again marked up on MG stalls. There was an almost complete cammy engine, dynamos (cammy), saloon ddors, a scuttle and front valance. Also there was a SV saloon with one owner from new, tatty, at £5,500.00, a membership form was handed out, reg and chassis number was taken and he was urged to contact the register. Several other forms were handed out including a gentleman who knows a vmr member and is in the ipswich area, and the chassis number of a white cammy special was noted. Lastly was a bare rolling chassis, with V5, fitted with family 8 brakes, early wheels and although it had swb dumbirons various bits had been altered and it looked too long, with evidence of extra chassis in the engine bay:- probably the least value item at £1,400.00!
Also at a dealers section of the automart was what may have been the ex George Bryne CMS minor at around £9,500 if my memory serves me well.
if it's got wheels or chips - it'll cost you dear