SV 2-seater opportunity?

This thread is for discussing parts for sale, wanted, or surplus.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Ian Grace
Site Admin

SV 2-seater opportunity?

Post by Ian Grace »

http://www.classiccarsforsale.co.uk/cla ... arno/61554

Still for sale, but unfortunately, this car has just thrown a rod through a liner, so the seller would be interested in selling for a reduced price as is.

Alternatively, the seller would be interested in acquiring a replacement engine if one is available. Any offers?
Highlander

Re: SV 2-seater opportunity?

Post by Highlander »

What is a reasonable "reduced" price? We are told the engine was rebuilt!! It does not say much for the rest of the car although it looks good. Highlander.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Your guess is as good as mine, but someone is going to take a look at it probably Thursday, so we will know more then.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Here she is - with head removed to sort bent rod and shattered piston (just visible on the front cross-member) - probably due to little end pinch bolt going AWOL.

Thanks to Sam Christie for taking this photo earlier today. I have plenty more if anyone is interested.
Highlander

Post by Highlander »

The top looks better than the chassis!! Highlander.
Sam Christie

Post by Sam Christie »

The chassis so far as I could tell is absolutely fine and the apparent roughness in the picture is simply honest dirt .The owner has left the car with a friend who has been assessing the engine damage and I was allowed to see the car at very short notice.There is certainly scope to clean and paint the chassis but what I saw looked sound.

I am no engine expert but there is damage to the bore where things went wrong and a set of liners and new pistons and a rod and white metaling would seem to be the immediate needs. In short it would be reasonable to think in terms of giving the engine a complete rebuild. I believe the owner is realistic about this.

Sam