Kop Hill climb Oxon sept 2009

This thread is for discussing past and future events.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Toby

Kop Hill climb Oxon sept 2009

Post by Toby »

Tony Davies has approached the MR an Bullnose Morris Club for support so thought it may be of interest to VMR members. He is reviving this hill climb of the 1920s with the help of the oxford motor club. To be held on the 26/27 September 2009

organiser@kophillclimb.org.uk

http://www.kophillclimb.org.uk
if it's got wheels or chips - it'll cost you dear
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Re: Kop Hill climb Oxon sept 2009

Post by Ian Grace »

Toby,

Many thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Coincidentally, there was a very interesting piece in the VSCC Summer Bulletin about two other hills that were used by the Oxford Motor Club - Irondown Hill and Steepness Hill - on opposite sides of the valley on the B4031 between Chipping Norton and Buckingham. And I see that, not surprisingly, the VSCC has been invited via the August Newsletter.

This is just the sort of event that we should be supporting and enjoying - particularly as it is open to both OHC and SV Minors, not to mention M Types.

I'll publicize elsewhere and I have already e-mailed Tony. I also see that our very own Mike Jones is on the organizing committee, so we have a mole on the inside, and maybe at least one Minor entered!

In fact, why don't we organize a VMR lunchtime or evening autumn pub meet nearby, kill two birds with one stone and make a great day of it? It couldn't be more central for many members. Come on guys, let's make a real effort with this one - what do you reckon - Saturday or Sunday? Saturday with a Saturday night pub gathering after the hill closes?

Looks like entries are filling up fast, so we should move quickly.

Check out the LAT images of Kop Hill at http://www.austinharris.co.uk/location/kop-hill Those were the days!