VMR Tenth Anniversary Rally 2010

This thread is for discussing past and future events.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Ian Grace
Site Admin

Re: VMR Tenth Anniversary Rally 2010

Post by Ian Grace »

Just co-ordinated with the Wolseley Hornet Specials Club - they are holding 19 entries so far and expect about 30 by July. Should be quite a sight. The WHSC is celebrating its 50th Anniversary with us at Prescott. 21 Minors and M Types so far.

I should have the entry form out shortly - as soon as the Saturday evening details are finalized.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

I now have all the catering details in place, including the Saturday night BBQ on the hill at Prescott. So the Entry Form is now complete and downloadabe from the website.

Thanks to all those who have sent in Declarations of Interest, which enabled the event to go ahead. 80 have been received so far, so by July, a very strong turnout is anticipated. Consequently, with a capacity for about 400 climbs during the day, those ordering advance tickets will receive priority on the hill, should it be oversubscribed.

We will need about 20 marshals on Saturday for stints of 2 hours - BOC start Marshal liaison, selling climb tickets from the start line hut, manning the VMR tent and manning the two gates. Similarly, on Sunday, we will need help at the start and finish, plus some route marshals - mid morning and mid afternoon. Please use the Entry Form to volunteer or contact me directly so that a marshaling schedule can be assembled. Thanks in advance.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Entry received today from Frank van Voorst who is bringing an Allard and has pre-purchased ten hill climbs - should be an interesting sight. Last time, he and Peter brought their rental Jag and attacked the hill most spiritedly! :D
halbe

Post by halbe »

What a shame they didn't enter the first and last Dutch rally :evil:
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Castrol Classic Oils is once again supporting our Summer Rally by supplying a big box of Castrol goodies to be used as prizes, etc. So if you order any of their products, please let them know that their support is much appreciated.

The same goes for Sports & Vintage Motors, Bishop Calway Insurance (Peter S. Taylor), Motor Wheel Services, Vintage Tyre Supplies, RH Insurance and Flexolite - all of whom are advertising in the Yearbook - with more to come shortly.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Just received this rather nice advert from Longstone for the Yearbook. Whose car is this? I don't recognize the registration number. :D :D :D

Toby

Post by Toby »

that'd be a foreign reg.?
if it's got wheels or chips - it'll cost you dear
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Here's the answer from Simon Cox at Longstone:

"Some details were changed to protect the innocent/guilty!!" :D
Ronald

Post by Ronald »

Ian, i'm sure me and mum will be attending for the run at least.......... but me being me, i've not booked up yet..LOL!!
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Ronald - thanks - have put you donw for the scenic tour.
Ronald

Post by Ronald »

Ian, i know you've listed it as an option, but could i pay by paypal.... due to my lateness in getting my arse in gear it would ensure that you got the pennies quicker....??

Ronald.

ps, i have found out that if money is sent as a 'personal gift' it appears to incur no charges..;)
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

My flight booked today - arriving Heathrow from Seattle via New York 0830 Friday morning and driving up to Prescott - staying with friends in Tarlton, near Cirencester. Plenty of time to get to the Gardner's Arms for the Friday evening pub reception. I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to that first pint of real English ale. Departing Monday morning also at 0830 so will drive down to Heathrow overnight Sunday night after the farewell.
halbe

Post by halbe »

Have a great weekend :!:

Regards
Halbe
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Final sorting out today and tomorrow before flying over Thursday.

After all is said and done, we have about 60 Precott entries booked and paid for, plus an unknown number turning up on the day - so probably about 80 to 90, which isn't too bad - although I don't think we will be running out of space! I'm also holding deposits from 8 others who haven't converted their Declarations of Interest to entries - so some of them may turn up as well. 60 for the BBQ in the evening so far, 50 for cream teas on Sunday so far. We have pre-sold 99 climbs - 400 are possible in the four hours that the hill is open.

Of our cars, 19 definites - 6 M Types, 13 Minors - of which 10 OHC, 3 SV (the usual baker's dozen! :( ). Plus we have at least 8 Wolseley Hornet Specials and five Morris Specials which should provide a bit of variety. Plus a load of Rileys, Alvii, MMM and others.
Frank van Voorst

Post by Frank van Voorst »

We will be sailing tomorrow after work. Plenty of time to pick up a gearbox and some other Ebay items. Unfortunately the Allard has a broken gearbox as well but the good news is that we will pick one up during our trip. We chartered a Lincoln continental for our transportation. A little spacier than a minor. I will have some free tickets for the Hill if anyone is interested. See you all on friday.

Frank