Pistons !!

This thread is for discussing parts for sale, wanted, or surplus.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

parthmehd

Pistons !!

Post by parthmehd »

Hi everyone. I need a set of Pistons for my 1934 Morris Minor SV. Would someone have a set for sale ? If not, any suggestions on where I could find them ? You can contact me on parthmehd@yahoo.com

Regards
Parth
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Re: Pistons !!

Post by Ian Grace »

Hi Parth,

Any idea what oversize you need? Once I know this information, I'll place a Wanted advert on the website for you.

You can get new ones (at a price) from Sports & Vintage, but hopefully someone will be able to supply you with a new or good used set.
parthmehd

Post by parthmehd »

Hi Ian !! Am in trouble again !! While checking and measuring, we discovered that one of the pistons is damaged, so I guess I will need a new set. Well, the top of the piston says O/S. 040, so it should be Oversize 40. But my restorer is planning to have a sleeve fitted in any case, so any size including standard size should be ok. Any known suppliers ?

Regards
Parth
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Well, Sports and Vintage can supply pistons and liners if no others surface.
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

JP Pistons in South Australia have them in stock

see http://www.jp.com.au/carsM.html
Bruce
parthmehd

Post by parthmehd »

Thanks everyone !! I am in the process of getting in touch with JP Pistons.
parthmehd

Post by parthmehd »

Thanks to all of you, I finally got a set of standard size pistons, manufactured by JP Pistons but sourced through Barry Walker since he seemed confident about the exact size and pattern I needed and sitting in India I could not afford to order a wrong set. They seem perfect for my requirement, so now its down to getting a new set of valves, guides, bearings, sleeve and connecting nut-bolts and then putting it all together. The locals in India are confident that all the items I now need can be made here in India in a town which is the "activity hub" for all machining activities and I will keep you all posted on the progress !! If the locals do manage to deliver on their promise, we just might find a source for all the parts I mentioned, if not, then its import time for me again !