photo effects

This thread is for General Discussion, and Forum Q and A.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Toby

photo effects

Post by Toby »

Just been uploading some photos and thought I'd try some photobucket effects on a picture I took on the Isle of Wight, chose the best example of an old fashioned setting without modern stuff in it...

Instant history! :D
if it's got wheels or chips - it'll cost you dear
Ian Grace
Site Admin

!

Post by Ian Grace »

The bottom one is great - very convincing. Haven't come across this effect before. What application are you using?

Great original photo, by the way!
Toby

Re: photo effects

Post by Toby »

After uploading I go to edit then click on effects, the last one is "old photo" also used "sepia" (and "Gray" I think) This old luddite is slowly being dragged up to date. Cool! :shock:
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

I love the black and white shot
Well done
Bruce
Highlander

Post by Highlander »

Here, I hope!, is the cover picture from December, 1928 - Car Topics. I am sorry I failed! Nice picture of 1928 Morris Minor Saloon outside cottages in Bibury, Cotswolds. Index No. UD 2270. Is this minor known? Is this picture known? Highlander.
prharris25

Post by prharris25 »

Alister, yes indeed, a famous and lovely publicity photo. I have a copy hanging on my wall obtained from the Morris archives at Cowley back in the 70's when Ken Revis was running it. You can almost smell the warm engine of the little car and the woodsmoke from the cottages can't you ? Absolutely glorious. What a great job it must have been in the publicity department in those days.

Paul.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

prharris25

Post by prharris25 »

That's the one !!!

Paul.
Highlander

Post by Highlander »

That is the one - wonderful picture. I have about a dozen copies of Car Topics but they are too early for our cars - 1925. Mine were sent to a Mr. Cornish in Norfolk and were sent by St. Johns Yarmouth, Motors Ltd, 96 Regent Rd, Great Yarmouth. I would think that any large dealer could do the same and have their advertisment on the cover. Nice simple magazine which includes cooking, tennis and golf tips!! Any comments on the Sunbeam that got away? Highlander.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

This has given me an idea for the 2010 VMR Calendar. If I can get twelve modern pics and 'antique' them, these would make great calendar pages.

Here's the sort of thing - this is actually Gren Strickland's 2-seat on our 2002 Summer Rally:

Toby

Post by Toby »

good idea, Ian.
Highlander

Post by Highlander »

Great idea, Ian. Why don't we all have a go. I have a place in Ewell with the church in the background with NO yellow lines and I have taken pictures there for 50 years. The only problem today is parked cars! Early Sunday morning best. Wish I could get the min0r up to Aberdeenshire - few yellow lines in the whole County!! Highlander.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

I am always, ALWAYS looking out for good pics for the Magazine - with four colour cover sides to fill. So, sepia or otherwise, all offerings most welcome!