1st Post!

This thread is for General Discussion, and Forum Q and A.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

ericmouser

1st Post!

Post by ericmouser »

Hello to one and all. Name is Eric Mouser and I live in Reading, UK, although my heart is in Suffolk. I work for Surrey County Council as their Pegasus school bus project officer - I have spent most of my working life in the bus world.
My 1st car was a 1932 Austin 7 bought in 1962 when I was 17 and still at school (work it out!) I worked in a car scrap yard in school hols and a pharmacy every Saturday. Friday evenings were spent getting nails clean!
My Minor DX 8826 was in the middle of the yard and when a path was made through I swapped my '7' for it - best move I ever made!. I replaced a big end and drove the car as my main transport for some 2 years. My 3rd car, a Daimler Light 15 / Mulliner also came from the yard, start of a series of Daimler / Armstrong Siddeleys. I was always built for comfort, not speed! DX's subsequent history has been written up in the mag. and restoration is under way.
In the intervening years I founded the Ipswich Transport Museum (see their website) - and well worth a visit when in Suffolk!
Registration DX 8841 is also still going strong - on a Ransomes, Sims & Jeffries trolleybus in the Science Museum collection at Wroughton