Paul Finn Rally Ascot

This thread is for General Discussion, and Forum Q and A.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Mike Stubbings

Re: Paul Finn Rally Ascot

Post by Mike Stubbings »

The Rally was known as the Lynwood Rally.Lynwood is a large house and grounds about 20acres in Sunningdale and is run as a nursing home
by The Motor Trades Benevolent Fund. Paul Finn had I believe been in the home since he was quite young. They have a fete once a year to raise funds and the rally is run on that day. Starting at Ascot Racecourse and finishing at Lynwood where judging took place.Paul founded the rally in 1970 and worked tirelessly to raise funds throughout the year. He was also press officer for Lynwood. Bohnam Brooks held an auction once a year at Brooklands and Paul would work hard to get items which could be auctioned in aid of the home.He was greatly respected. Sadly Paul died recently and they have now named the rally after him.Paul was disabled.I believe the rally is held on the last Saturday in June so if any of you wish to enter it next year it is a lovely run of about 15/20 miles through Windsor Park. This is where I started this link so this is where I will finish it. Mike