cammy speedos on ebay

This thread is for discussing parts for sale, wanted, or surplus.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Toby

cammy speedos on ebay

Post by Toby »

There are a number of cammy type speedos on ebay at present, black or white face, low starting price, wasn't someone looking for one?
if it's got wheels or chips - it'll cost you dear
Bruce

Re: cammy speedos on ebay

Post by Bruce »

Hi there, could you post the link to them please
Thanks
Bruce
Toby

Post by Toby »

Not sure how to do that, sorry, think vintage morris searched in car spares will find them. Will try ... http://motors-parts.shop.ebay.co.uk/?_f ... cat=131090
Toby

Post by Toby »

Bl***y H**l :o It appears to work, theres a first for me and I didn't even ask someone how to do it. Happy bidding :D
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Just be careful guys - there are many speedos that LOOK right for our OHC Minors. The OHC Minor was fitted with a 3” Smiths white-faced PC type speedometer. The letters on Smiths speedometers (PC, PA, FN, etc.) relate to the turns per mile of the speedo cable. So it doesn't matter what type of PC speedo you have in your Minor (I have an upside down 0-80 PC) - it should read accurately. But it must be a PC (don't just go by the curly 'MA').

For more on these speedos, check out http://www.vintageminor.co.uk/qna/qna.htm - the fourth article down.
Ronald

Post by Ronald »

the ones thast i found in the link aren't to my knowledge for a minor, well, not a tourer anyway... the cable drive comes out of the bottom on MT... not set back in a lump like the ones on ebay..... hope this helps people!!