Morris Register

This thread is for General Discussion, and Forum Q and A.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

prharris25

Re: Morris Register

Post by prharris25 »

I doubt if there is anything wrong with AOC 444. The number is a Birmingham one dating from May 1934.
Toby

Post by Toby »

Ahhh, I see! curious change though if they kept the tourer doors the same but changed hinging only to revert back to suicide doors on the 8. Given the amount of rear hinged door cars, post war too, it makes the sv minor quite innovative although maybe it gave easier access. It's going to be one of those things I start noticing now! A bit like the way you notice modern cars the same as yours or the same colour, once you have one, or is it just me?! Maybe I shouldn't get out more after all :lol:
if it's got wheels or chips - it'll cost you dear
Toby

Post by Toby »

good to see some more minors in the morris register mag... 33 model tourer ANO 17, Mark Greens Calshot special as well as John Sneddons and a vmr mention by John Nagle as well as him asking why his family eight has a black and white badge with "8" on it but the calshot has a colour badge with "eight" on it? No mention of minor on either badge, if any one who knows I will forward it to them and get another vmr mention!!! Also in the mag, Tony Jordans '33 minor saloon TJ 5411 which appears to have suffered similar wheel stud drama to my minors! Ken Martin and saloon and also '33 tourer KJ 9306. TJ and KJ both appear to be in my area, do they belong to vmr m :D embers?
if it's got wheels or chips - it'll cost you dear
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

KJ 9306 belongs to VMR member Jown Dowsett - he joined us in March this year, after he bought it from Brightwellss auction in Leominster. Reputedly one lady owner for 35 years.

TJ 5411 is owned by Tony Jordan, but I have an address for him in Malvern - not currently a VMR member.

As for badges, I seem to recall that the pre-series 8's had 'EIGHT' on their radiator badges, and then it went to '8' for the Series 1's and 2's. So I suspect that John Nagle's car has picked up a Morris 8 badge at some point in the past?