2 minors for sale

This thread is for discussing parts for sale, wanted, or surplus.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Toby

2 minors for sale

Post by Toby »

seen in classic motor monthly....
ohc fabric saloon, part restored with all parts, £3,000.
'32 saloon, part restored, some rechromed bits, complete, no welding required, good bodywork, £1,800
will deliver at cost. 01931 714624
if it's got wheels or chips - it'll cost you dear
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Re: 2 minors for sale

Post by Ian Grace »

Toby,

That 'phone number doesn't appear in either the OHC or SV chassis registers. Check if he has an e-mail address too.

Could you please call and get details - particularly chassis numbers/registration numbers? In return, we will promote the sale through the Register for the seller.

Where is 0931?

Thanks,

Ian
Simon

Post by Simon »

Ian,
01931 is the code for SHAP.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Ah,

Shap Fell as in Cumberland. I'll be fascinated to learn more.

A good number of Minors have been coming out of the woodwork lately - I just added about a dozen more to the chassis register this week - and I have an additional 30 edits (owener changes, address changes, e-mail address changes, etc.) waiting in my in-tray to process. I'll upload the latest registers some time today - we now have 347 SV Minors, 398 OHC and 327 M Types listed. There has to be many more SV Minors out there than OHC Minors, so I don't ecpect the SV register to top out any time soon. Having said that, OHC Minors are still turning up at a respectable rate. Of course, keeping track of them all is another matter, and takes more than one pair of eyes, so please everyone take a look at the registers in the members' area occassionally and see if you can add or correct anything.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Also, I'm adding a load of photos of cars - hyperlinked to the Register - as I track them down.

Here's an example just in this morning from New Zealand - thanks John.

This is Graham Wiblin's 1931 OHC saloon, which we can now confirm is NOT the car recently acquired by Nigel Hawkins.

Toby

Post by Toby »

I think you'll find this is Gideon Booth....
if it's got wheels or chips - it'll cost you dear
Highlander

Post by Highlander »

I have at last made personal contact with Denham Earl in Purley Surrey. I drove round this afternoon and saw his 1929 OHV 4 seater tourer. It has not turned a wheel in 5 years but he says he is about to start work on it. It looks to me complete but will need more than an oiley rag to get it going. It has a sv engine on the car at the moment but the original ohv engine is on nthe bench. He told me we have many photos of his car - have we? Highlander.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Denham has had this car longer that five years, and it was laid up long before that! He's been telling me for at least five years that he is just about to start on it - I think he had to finish and MGA (or big Healey?) first, and rebuild his garage? The OHC block he has is the one I gave him about five years ago as a starting point to build an OHC engine. Needless to say I have photos!

Good that you visited though - might shame him into action! :D I just hope he doesn't pull it all aprat in a sudden fit of enthusiasm and leave someone else to sort it all out in about 20 years time - which is what happens to all too many Minors! :?

Here's my notes:

"Registered Southampton,early 1930. Discovered early '90's having been stored since 1966. Fitted SV engine, hydraulic brakes but largely sound and complete for rebuild. Discovery picture August '93 Automobile. Had been off the road for some 10 years before 'discovery'. Car is nickel rad., '29. Checking the chassis number (plate missing). Previous owner has lost the logbook. Rebuild not started yet. Previous owner toured Sweden in the car."

Chassis confirmed (by me) as M11462, as stamped on the dumbiron. Denham is member number 63 of the VMR, which dates him to joining with the car about 9 years ago!

Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Incidentally chaps, the two images above are part of well over 500 images that are accessible via the Chassis Register spreasdsheet in the Members' Area. Pull up the spreadsheet and wherever you see blue underlined text - usually a chassis number (or registration number if I don't have the chassis number) and click on it to open a reference photo of the car. if you do NOT see a blue link, that means I need a picture of that car! So please send one in if you have one. Also, I often come across broken links (ones where I screwed up), so if you click on any blue link and get a rude error message, then let me know so I can fix it! Along the bottom of the spreadsheet are all the tabs for the different Morris and MG makes - including OHC Minor, SV Minor and M Type MG. Click on the tab of the type you are interested in.

As an exercise, see if you can find the two images above! Or better, see if you can find an image of YOUR car! :D

This photo archive (and the register itself) is a HUGE resource that is updated virtually daily (see the dates at the top of each sheet) and takes a LOT of work to maintain. Please use it and please also feed back any errors or omissions - particularly things like e-mail addresses which are notorious for going out of date and adversely affect the monthly Newsletter distribution. I often ask, but rarely get feedback on the chassis registers, which makes me suspect that this resource is horribly under-utilized.
Highlander

Post by Highlander »

Ian, Denhams Minor is just the same. Over the past 5 ot 6 years his has finished a modern Sunbeam, he is about to start on an Austin Healey 2000 and then the Minor!!!!. I had a spare hour last night and went on to the chassis page and looked up cars with photos - wonderful. I am surprised to note so many Minors in Australia and New Zealand. As to prices - a very nice original Morris 8 two seater, 1934 is for sale in Surrey for £3600 with lots of spares, this may have gone but is on the Morris 8 site. Highlander.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Alister, TR 8283 IS Denham's Minor.
Highlander

Post by Highlander »

Ian, Have i missed something? I know Denhams car - the car for sale is a 1934 two seater Morris 8 (Camberley not Purley) hIGHLANDER.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

I think it is I who has missed something - I thought we were talking about OHC Minors? See Toby's post that started this thread. :?