Auctions

This thread is for discussing parts for sale, wanted, or surplus.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Mike Stubbings

Auctions

Post by Mike Stubbings »

There is a working 6v petrol pump on ebay at the moment and the bidding has reached £70 and it has not finished yet. :o It does not look like a brass body. I am sure Holdens do a new 6v S.U for a few pound more.I believe S.U sell it for about that money. I have seen stuff go at auctions for much much more that they are worth. Am I missing something it seems to happen so often.Any one purchased a new pump lately. Mike.
Mike Stubbings

Re: Auctions

Post by Mike Stubbings »

Pump fetched £110. Mike
ian judd

Post by ian judd »

On the subject of 6v pumps, does anyone know how to tell the difference between a 6v and a 12v pump?

Cheers

Ian
Mike Stubbings

Post by Mike Stubbings »

I believe the 12v had black points cover and the 6v had brown. I know it sounds daft but that is how I understand it to be. If it has no cap? Mike.
ian judd

Post by ian judd »

This is exactly my problem. I've got the pumps and I've got brown caps and black caps, but no idea which fits on which.

Ian
ian judd

Post by ian judd »

I've just been in touch with Burlen-SU because they should know if anyone does. Unfortunately a lot of old part numbers have been lost, but they were able to tell me that AUA 26 and AUA43 are 6volt types. The only other way of telling is to pass a current through the coils. For a 6v it will be about 1.5 ohms and for a 12v about 2.5 ohms.

New 6v pumps are available at £75. New ones with bronze bodies are £150.

Cheers

Ian
Mike Stubbings

Post by Mike Stubbings »

Well done Ian you beat me to it. Unfortunately the tabs with these numbers on often get removed so then your stuck so you have to run the current through them. There are two types LP and HP. LP fitted near the engine and HP near the tank. Burlen in the past have overhauled pumps and carbs for me and do a brilliant job. Have a look on Gower and Lee site. it gives a lot of info. Mike.