Minors sold at Auction

This thread is for discussing parts for sale, wanted, or surplus.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

ashford

Minors sold at Auction

Post by ashford »

Two minors were sold last weekend at Stags Auction near Crediton in Devon. It was a huge sale of the collection of the late Ken Wills. The star of the auction was a 1904 De Dion and of course the two minors. Also amongst the cars was the 1927 De Dion my father sold to Ken about twenty years ago which brought back many memories. In the public car park was a very nice minor van (picture also attached). Did the minors both sell to vmr members?
Attachments
Img_4993.jpg
Img_4993.jpg (184.52 KiB) Viewed 1512 times
Img_4989.jpg
Img_4989.jpg (189.11 KiB) Viewed 1512 times
Img_4984.jpg
Img_4984.jpg (177.89 KiB) Viewed 1513 times
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Re: Minors sold at Auction

Post by Ian Grace »

Here's what I have in the chassis register for these three Minors:

1933 5 cwt. van - owned by Peter (surname unknown), ex-Tony Downing.

Saloon TV 8748 - no record. No record at DVLA.

2-seater YY 1359 - no record. Registred with DVLA - 10/10/32.

I will contact the auction house and ask them to forward membership forms to the new owners.

Anyone know who Peter is?

Here's a U-Tube vierw of the auction - an amazingly varied and interesting (if somewhat sad) collection of machinery:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=js1Lcbzpdps

Here's the sale results:

http://www.stags.co.uk/agriculture/page ... ock_id=745

From which we are told that YY went for GBP 5,000 (a pretty strong price, I'd say) and TV for GBP 3,200.

Nice work, James! By the way, how is the Rover coming along?
ashford

Re: Minors sold at Auction

Post by ashford »

I think the man with the van out bid me on lot 70 ! so if you are contacting stags they may help you get in contact.
I had spoken to him earlier in the day before rushing off for an upcoming lot. He said he had several minors
including a van. I later saw the van in the carpark so I presume it was his. I think he also appears on the youtube film at about 1min 28!

Stags sent me a business card from some one intrested in a lot I bought a few days after the auction so they seem to be quite helpful.