who's where this year!

This thread is for discussing past and future events.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Toby

who's where this year!

Post by Toby »

It strikes me that the forum is a good way to let eachother know what we're up to so we can meet each other at non vmr meetings. I go nearly every month to the wessex vehicle preservation club night, 2nd tues, near Wimborne. Also will be at Woodcote steam rally on saturday 11th july, the quay to quay run 26th April Poole to Bournemouth via Dorset B roads. How about everyone else? If you're trying to get your minor restored it could be a way of getting to see how one goes together and what that widget is for! :D
if it's got wheels or chips - it'll cost you dear
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Re: who's where this year!

Post by Ian Grace »

Toby,

Excellent idea. I'm always trying to find out what people are doing with their cars so I have something to report in the Magazine. Apart from organized gatherings, there must (hopefully!) be dozens of Minorists out and about at weekends and it would be good to hear about these trips and see the occasional photo - even if it is just a trip down to the local. So who is actually driving their car this spring, and where are you going with it?
Ronald

Post by Ronald »

Toby, small world............. my dad was the chairman of the WVPC for many years, til a small volcano erupted and he got booted off........ the truth hurts!!

Also, you've just told me about the quay to quay run....... i only live about 15 miles from poole quay..... any idea what time you might be there, i may pop down...... minor not on the rd at present though.......
Toby

Post by Toby »

We have to leave there at 11, booking in starts at 10, we leave Everton at 9! I hope to be there by 10.30 but not done this journey in a minor before... :shock:
Toby

Post by Toby »

2nd Tuesday in June sees "cars in the field" at The Langton Arms, Tarrant Monkton, Dorset.
Toby

Post by Toby »

Here's an attempt to post some pics of the quay to quay without having to use an intermediate site... Minor ran sluggish like in Suffolk last year and yet again the points heel had worn away closing the gap! Grrrrrrrrrrrr! :x

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm Bl**dy computers!
Ronald

Post by Ronald »

Sorry i didn't get down Toby, i've been doing a mates bathroom in ym spare time, and it kind of took over the weekend.........
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Toby,

E-mail me the pics and I'll post them for you! I can do this by uploading them to the VMR website and then pointing a link to them in the forum.)

Ian
Toby

Post by Toby »

quay to quay, needless to say we were the only prewar minor!

[img][IMG]http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg97 ... r09004.jpg[/img][/img]
Toby

Post by Toby »

Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Lovely shot Toby. Where exactly was it taken?

And exactly what is going on inside your distributor?!
Toby

Post by Toby »

Bournemouth prom outside the BIC, nice spot, better than the start at Poole docks but not as good as the run...

Toby

Post by Toby »

Anyone going to the purbeck steam rally? Also may do Lymington classic car rally
Toby

Post by Toby »

Anyone at Woodcote Sat. 11th July? Also will be at Purbeck rally on at least sat 22nd Aug. If anyone is near Lymington on the 18th July it's the Everton village fete and there will be a static display of cars, anyone is welcome to display.
Toby

Post by Toby »

What a turn up for the books, Everton Fete managed to muster as many minors as some of our meets! 3 SV minors and a postwar model! OK 2 of them were mine but I'd forgotten my dads friend Ray Kitcher who i thought was in the club but isn't. Will be sending him forms! He has a 34 minor that may be unknown to us? Sadly fellow member Hugh Knott was away and there was no sign of Norman Johnson from nearby, if i could get them to come next year we could end up with Prewar minors dominating the do! The singer club fielded a couple of cars and have a noggin in Lyndhurst which is attended by non members to make up the numbers, may make that the vmr noggin for New Forest as ther has been no take up on the idea...
Everton Fete

Rays car