Bob's ~ Morris Minor 1933 4 seat Tourer ~

Use this area to post details of your cars, your restorations, photos or rally reports.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

bob80

Bob's ~ Morris Minor 1933 4 seat Tourer ~

Post by bob80 »

Hi Everyone, Thought i'd share a few pictures of my Ole Morris.
I've owned the car for 7 years, she is now MOT'd and Taxed and finally on the road after a long restoration period.
Still awaiting a new hood and sidescreens due to be done on the 8Th of June this year and hopefully that will be the start of the fun!.
Attachments
Before work started
Before work started
Before I disturbed the woodworm! 2.jpg (110.68 KiB) Viewed 2202 times
Awaiting Hood
Awaiting Hood
sml side view morris 4.jpg (133.29 KiB) Viewed 2202 times
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Re: Bob's ~ Morris Minor 1933 4 seat Tourer ~

Post by Ian Grace »

Hello Bob, welcome to the VMR Forum and thanks so much for posting these delightful 'before and after' images. I have one very similar to your 'before' image as the reference image on the Register website, so I will now replace it with your 'after' image!

Being registered in December 1933, your car should be a 1933, but 1934 season car - as witness the wings, windscreen, etc, but the car seems to have adopted a much earlier radiator at some point which I see you have been able to correct.

Anyway, well done, congratulations on returning her to the road - tou have many wonderful miles ahead of you.

Ian
Toby

Post by Toby »

Hi Bob, good to see the minor back on the road, just in time for the spring pub meets! :D
if it's got wheels or chips - it'll cost you dear
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Bob is in Northamptonshire, so may be within striking distance of the Peatling Magna, Leicestershire meet?

I just spoke to Brian Maeers who tells me that he may be in Norfolk that weekend. Both of his OHC Minors are in dock right now. Dorothy suffered an engine derangement on the LC Welsh last month after the second hill - suspected loose flywheel. Prudence has had a lot of work done on her by Dave Cooksey over the winter, but is suffering from a (3-speed) gearbox malady - does anyone have a decent 3-speed box spare for Brian? If so, please give him a call on 0116/247/8284.
bob80

Post by bob80 »

Toby wrote:Hi Bob, good to see the minor back on the road, just in time for the spring pub meets! :D
hi toby
will see how well the car runs next time the sun shines
as at the moment no hood, going to have the hood done
on 8th june , but if car runs well may well see you
at one of your meets
cheers bob