Spring pub meets

This thread is for discussing past and future events.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Ian Grace
Site Admin

Spring pub meets

Post by Ian Grace »

So, who is going to which one? Hopefully we will enjoy great spring weather and have a good turnout.

I e-mailed all the likely candidates today to remind them, but we would love to se any new faces at any of the four planned meets. Full details of all of them on the website.
Toby

Re: Spring pub meets

Post by Toby »

We've got Me & Linda, Simon, Highlander plus Paul and Kathrine Harris at the Windmill PH Four Marks sunday 3rd May. Just awaiting confirmation and will then book table for one oclock.
if it's got wheels or chips - it'll cost you dear
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Toby,

That is excellent news - looks like you already have a quorum! Let's see if we can get one or two more.
Toby

Post by Toby »

theres a danger that I may even have a choice of minors to take! :shock: Highlander will be bringing Molly (his wife, not his minors nickname!).
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

6 pm in the UK - and not a single report of any of the pub meets today - were they so popular they going on into the night? :D Or did nobody turn up?
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Just had a call from Simon Hodgins who reported about 20 cars at the Hatchgate today, including at least five Minors and an M Type. The meet didn't finish until about 4 pm. Simon suffered oil pressure failure on the way home (well, actually, it was his Jensen!) - sounds like air getting in on the inlet side as his filter bowl was empty. Thankfully, he managed to stop before doing any damage.

There were three Minors and a bunch of other cars at the Barrington meet today, but I have not heard of any activity at Peatling Magna.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Jensen now has oil pressure. The cone formed on the end of the copper pipe from the sump to the oil filter had cracked where it joined the pipe and was allowing air in, fortunately I could rob a spare engine. This will not be a problem with M types or SV Minors as their oil filters are in aluminium sumps. Worth checking !!!
WallyM

Post by WallyM »

We hope to turn up at the Windmill in our M Type, weather permitting (it doesn't have a roof!) WallyM
Toby

Post by Toby »

Wally, that's wonderful :D , but can't guarantee seating for lunch as had to be booked in advance :( Looking forward to the meet, lunch and exploring what sounds to be a nice village.