steering column brackets wanted

This thread is for discussing parts for sale, wanted, or surplus.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Toby

steering column brackets wanted

Post by Toby »

Member John Nagle and a MR member are both looking for the upper steering column brackets. Before I offer to lend one (I have no spares) does anyone have one or two!? I believe it's the one without any controls, just a bracket that screws to the dash.
if it's got wheels or chips - it'll cost you dear
chris lambert

Re: steering column brackets wanted

Post by chris lambert »

This is the bracket in question.

Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

My Semi-sports is missing this bracket and I think Toby has the top part for me, but not the bottom part that fits under the column. The Bullnose has a near identical bracket, but the angle of the column is different on the Bullnose and it isn't easy (I know - I tried!) to bend a Bullnose one to the right angle for a Minor.

I think this bracket is correct for all the OHC (SWB) cars and just the '31 season SV Minors. The '32/'33 cars had a different bracket with integral ignition advance/retard rod bracket, and horn push, and then the '34's have a different one again - with just the ignition rod because the horn push is on a stalk. Or something like that!
Toby

Post by Toby »

That's about right I think! I thought you wanted the bracket for your shelved project and having subsequently searched boxes have found I only have one and will need for my 34 tourer which didn't have one! If we can't find any and someone has one made do you still want one!!!? :shock:
if it's got wheels or chips - it'll cost you dear