Minors for auction

This thread is for discussing parts for sale, wanted, or surplus.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Mike Stubbings

Minors for auction

Post by Mike Stubbings »

Hi All, You will find a couple of Minors for auction as follows, One is on ebay item number 320352977240,
Dreweatts Auctioneers of Bristol have one for auction in their transport sale on 7th April.
This is the desirable 2str I believe. It can be seen on their web site. I believe the Red one auctioned recently made £5200 plus commission which must total around £5800. Regards all,
Mike.
chris lambert

Re: Minors for auction

Post by chris lambert »

It is the Blackpool car:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 3D1&_rdc=1

The Dreweatts Minor is certainly Not two thirds restored despite what they may say:

http://www.dnfa.com/search.asp?view=key ... cat=future
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

WJ 5453 was for sale by Colin Sheeran in January - obviously didn't sell.

It is beyond me that there is such a weak market for cars like these. So it is not a vintage car, it is shunned by the VSCC, and the Morris Register couldn't give a damn, but surely, SOMEONE would like to pile the family into something like this and drive it to the pub on a Sunday lunchtime. It is not as if other investments are offering any worthwhile prospects at present? Am I missing something here?
prharris25

Post by prharris25 »

I don't think that you are missing anything here Ian, but the fact is that the market is currently awash with old cars as people move forward to vehicles a little more able to take regular fast use on our busy roads in UK. For much the same money as as a good Minor, you can buy something a little faster, but more importantly with a little more "presence" against the enemy.
Nothing will persuade me however that the Minor is not a first rate little car whatever the ruling classes in the VSCC say....who the hell do they think they are anyway ?
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

The good news is that the Brightwells 2-seater did sell - to new member John Dowsett. And this is his first foray into ther pre-war car world - having previously owned a TR6, Rover 110 and two Westfields over the years.