Anybody out there?

This thread is for General Discussion, and Forum Q and A.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Ian Grace
Site Admin

Anybody out there?

Post by Ian Grace »

All quiet - or is everyone too busy fettling their cars for the coming season? :D

I haven't put out a March newsletter yet - because there isn't much news!
Highlander

Re: Anybody out there?

Post by Highlander »

I would have hoped that everyone is out and about in their Minors - no word from anyone for ages. In South East England the weather this week has been warm and sunny. Frog spawn everywhere (a great shortage here) and the toads have just started mating. I have been out everyday this week. Box Hill on Monday. Tuesday down to Billingshurst and back via Guildford. Wednesday golf all day (club and back on the Minor) and today Molly and I went to Shere to have afternoon tea with a pal who has had a very bad stroke and we are just home ready to go Scottish Dancing. All this is the best can do for the Forum - we only seem to hear from anyone when they break down!!! Highlander.
Mike Stubbings

Post by Mike Stubbings »

Hi Ian, I ask the same question the other day I think they have all gone into late hibernation or been locked in the garage by the missus so as she can use the computer. I heard from Highlander so he is OK. :D I had an email from Chris saying he was down my way, but I think he smelled the paint pot instead of the teapot so stayed clear, so he is ok. :D I am not working on the cars at the moment :cry: as I am doing some decorating to keep her indoors in a good frame of mind. :wink: I assume most of the others are out driving their cars in this beautiful weather we are having before our usual summer arrives. :roll: Hope you are well and settling in to your new job.Mike.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

I've been insanely busy at work (which is a good thing) the last couple of weeks, and this is likely to continue into the foreseeable future, but I will find time to keep the VMR running smoothly - currently working to get M 133 and ther Yearbook out by April, and also progress the Summer Rally plans.

Looking forward to our UK visit, VMR and VSCC 75 in August. Hope I can get the Semi-sports up from Sevenoaks - haven't worked out that bit of logistics yet, but I do have a place to keep it nearby. Terry Synnott is also fitting a new batery for me - the other one died - it only did about 200 miles since new!

Thanks to an alert from Simon Hodgins, I also picked up a nice downdraught carb. for the Mac a couple of weeks back on eBay. I had bought one last year, but this is the original type - without the air filter flange on the top. 1 1/4" throat should make it go quite well.
Simon

Post by Simon »

I am glad you got the downdraft SU. Went to the Austin/Morris day at Brooklands the oother Sunday - very poor attendance of prewar Morris's Don't think I will bother to go again. Have booked accommodation for the summer rally.
Toby

Post by Toby »

Tourer is fettled and booked for an mot on monday, just had a nice run out to adjust brakes and stopped the pulling to one side, almost! Will rely on insisting on the Tapley meter brake test due to spoked wheels. Rarely do mot inspectors want to drive a crash boxed car with reverse where first should be, an array of levers and the pedals mixed up :lol: Ian, you don't have a carb, I do!!! plus 4 pound coins for you from the vendor. Looks ok and arrived in the week if you want to leave some feedback now. The £4 might get you a 4 litres of fuel in the summer assuming we havn't all emigrated to Poland :shock:
if it's got wheels or chips - it'll cost you dear