Brooklands

This thread is for General Discussion, and Forum Q and A.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Mike Stubbings

Brooklands

Post by Mike Stubbings »

Hi All, Where is everybody. I was looking forward to going to the Morris Austin day at Brooklands today but then saw they were having Itals and Marinas :cry: etc so I decided to stay at home and do some decorating. What would you have done. Mike.
Highlander

Re: Brooklands

Post by Highlander »

Mike, I too was going to Brooklands just for a look inj my Minor but had a phone call in the week from distant cousins (Fraserburgh, Aberdeenshire) who are visiting London and could they come over for lunch on Sunday!!(today). The fuss this has caused with management you would not believe but at least I will be eating lunch in the dining room with a tablecloth and no TV!! so cannot all be bad. Cheers, Highlander.
Mike Stubbings

Post by Mike Stubbings »

Hi Highlander, Enjoy your lunch,afterwards pour yourself a pint and go and sit in the Minor and reflect on all the modern tinware you never had to look at. Good luck Mike.
mike houston

Post by mike houston »

Mike,
I did go to Brooklands yesterday, and was disappointed by the poor vintage Morris turnout, mostly Minor 1000s and other moderns. Large number of vintage ***tins, which were pretty, but my eye was particularly taken by two Bullnoses and a 4-seat Minor tourer (reg'n EC9783). Unfortunately the latter sneaked in when my back was turned, and I never got to speak to the owner, (who I now believe to be Simon Hodgins?) Anyway it was a pleasant sunny morning in mechanical and historical surroundings, what more could you wish for? (Except to be driving a proper Minor!!)
Regards, Mike Houston.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Mike,
Sorry that I missed you. The morning was sunny but what about the afternoon as I got a bit wet in Guildford when waiting at the traffic lights - it is not too bad when you are moving. The car is a Jensen bodied Minor fitted with a Cammy engine.
mike houston

Post by mike houston »

Simon,
That was a quick response! I left before the rain started, hope you didn't get too wet! I was impressed with your car, very nice, and see from the membership list that you also have a saloon registered on the same day as mine, 1/1/31? The chassis number is quite close as well. Let me know when you are next at Brooklands, or another South East venue and we could say hallo and I could take a closer look at whichever car you are driving!
Regards, Mike.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Well guys, we do have the spring pub meets coming up, and I know Simon is a regular attendee.