Mike Rushton

This thread is for General Discussion, and Forum Q and A.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Ian Grace
Site Admin

Mike Rushton

Post by Ian Grace »

For those who know Mike, this just in from Jim Wood.

"Friends, sorry to bring some bad news: Mike Rushton's son Robert Rushton was found dead on the floor of the family home. Rob had been taken seriously
ill before Christmas (reported at the time) and had regained consciousness after a period of coma at the time of the New Year gathering in these parts. I chatted to Rob's brother David about it on the day and they had been told he would be allowed home. I gather that Rob went home and was recuperating. Parents returned home from shopping yesterday to find Robert on the floor.

Dave called me with confirmation an hour ago, and asked me to share the notice of what is a shocking and dreaded event for anybody.

I'm sure we all offer our deepest sympathy to Mike & family. David will undoubtedly be in touch in due course, but also noted that his parents are naturally devastated and struggling to come to terms with events."
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Re: Mike Rushton

Post by Ian Grace »

Update from Jim:

Ian,

I'm sorry, I have only an inkling that Rob was about 24-ish, but I really know Mike & Dave much better. Dave & I trialled the M-type four years ago and if I recall, Rob was in college, where Dave was about to begin a career in teaching, having just finished post-grad. I think Dave is 26+.

We learned later that Rob was in fact in bed and died peacefully in his sleep. I'm unclear where the original story came from.

David & I were not up to discussions about the final moments, as you can imagine.

Kind regards
JW