LAT Photographic

This thread is for General Discussion, and Forum Q and A.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Ian Grace
Site Admin

LAT Photographic

Post by Ian Grace »

Check out the image on the home page. I just received about 25 images from LAT in incredible resolution, I had to crucify this image to squeeze it onto the website! On the original you can just about read the Lucas writing on the transfers on the headlamp glasses! This is one of the reasons for delaying the publication of the Yearbook, so that this and many other images could be fully researched and then included.

This particular image is one of a set. Iliffe & Sons Ltd. published the Autocar who road tested JO 132 for their October 31st issue - see the road test in the new Period Articles section of the website. Note that this same image is repeated (but heavily retouched) in the road test. One is left to wonder why the staff of the Autocar bothered to take such super professional photographs when the printed versions were so pathetic!
halbe

Re: LAT Photographic

Post by halbe »

I can't wait to get my copy of the 2008 yearbook (with disk) !!!!!
Also like the new additions to the site :D

Regards,
Halbe
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Re: LAT Photographic

Post by Ian Grace »

Halbe,

Three more LC&C covers added today - depicting two M Types and the Hundred Pound prototype, bringing the total to 22 - some nice graphics. Also a September 1929 LC&C road test of the M Type Sportsman's Coupe added to the period articles.

WL 7180 was road tested by LC&C 14 Feb 1930 p312 & 313. I think it belonged to a member of the LC&C staff R.L.Walkerley (took over as "Grande Vitesse" of The Motor when Humfrey Symons died).

Enjoy,

Ian