lwb minor special-project

This thread is for discussing parts for sale, wanted, or surplus.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Toby

lwb minor special-project

Post by Toby »

I can't find the posting for a special that came up recently but I have something similar that is available to buy or will go in the summer auction. It has a letter of provenance from Roland Smith, ev Morris Register, it's a lwb chassis that had * running gear fitted with special bodywork including cycle wings. It also comes with finned hydraulic family 8 brakes including master cylinder, an extended steering column, rad and surround recored to suit an 8 engine, armstrong hydraulic shocks on drilled mountings, maybe propshaft, 8 gearbox and engine parts and some floor pan and the remains of the body plus a photo of "as found" I have a record of the reg. no it used to wear and the name of the Morris factory manager who built it in the late '40s. Anyone interested? Price depends on how much of it I can find! but would imagine around the £500 mark
if it's got wheels or chips - it'll cost you dear
rusty_old_nail

Re: lwb minor special-project

Post by rusty_old_nail »

Amazed to see that this is still around.
Not so sure about its past history, as when in my ownership I could find no past information whatsoever.
Last edited by rusty_old_nail on Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roland Smith
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Welcome to the forum Roland,

Is this the same Roland Smith I used to know and meet at the Seven Stars - back in the seventies?
rusty_old_nail

Post by rusty_old_nail »

Thanks for the welcome, Ian.
Yes, I am the same as you used to meet at the Seven Stars.
Roland Smith
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Good Lord! That was a LONG time ago! Good to make contact again. What Morrises do you currently own, and where are you these days? Still in Berkshire? I'm now in Seattle.
rusty_old_nail

Post by rusty_old_nail »

I left Berkshire for Devon about 25 years ago (where I still live). The last Morris went in the late 80s because I didn't have time to abuse it properly. One day...
Roland Smith
Toby

Post by Toby »

Blimey! :shock: After much discussion about your whereabouts, you've surfaced!!! I never did get any documents for the car but I still have the letter you gave me with it! Never got round to doing anything with the remains and with all the stuff required to keep other vehicles on the road (see our cars!!!) including 2 bikes, I have realised I probably never will have time before our oil reserves run out. Good to know you're still around, welcome to the forum/vmr. :D
if it's got wheels or chips - it'll cost you dear