Minor 'guide'

This thread is for General Discussion, and Forum Q and A.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Orstin

Minor 'guide'

Post by Orstin »

Although, as some of you may have noticed elsewhere in this forum, I am a life long Austin 7 owner, I must confess this is not the first time I have owned an M Type - sadly, the last time it was a case of wrong car, wrong place, wrong time and I sold it on. At the time I remember I managed to find a guide to the cammy Minor which helped greatly. I remember it had a blue cover and was illustrated with hand drawn diagrams. The text had clearly been typed and the whole thing looked like it had been reproduced on a Gestetner duplicator. Does any one recollect such a publication? Is it stll available anywhere? Does anyone have one that could be copied perhaps?

Thanks in advance..
chris lambert

Re: Minor 'guide'

Post by chris lambert »

Hi Orstin,
What you are looking for is the 'Information Manual' on the Minor. It is published by the Morris Register and (I think) costs about £10. The edition you refer to was an early one, they are now printed 'properly' and are much more legible as a result. They were still available from the MR last year, but if not they come up frequently on eBay for a few pounds.
Chris
cammy

Post by cammy »

Chris, Are we talking of the Harry Edwards Manual? I am sure the latest edition is still available from the MR and a first edition was on ebay last week with a start price of £15. It aqttracted no bids. The early versions were a bit Roneo but the later version is very smart.

Good luck Orstin :D
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Hugh,

Give Harry a call on 01277/840697. I'm sure he'll sort you out a copy. Very useful little book. I have one of the early ones which I have had for over 30 years and it is black with oily finger marks and lost its covers long, long ago!
halbe

Post by halbe »

I got my copy from Chris when I collected VG last year.
I find it very useful and informative!
The other book I really enjoy is the manuel which came with the car when new (also from Chris)

Get yours and enjoy reading it :!:

Halbe
Orstin

Post by Orstin »

Thanks, all, for the input, I'll give Harry a ring next week.. Cheers!