PG5664 dorothy

Use this area to post details of your cars, your restorations, photos or rally reports.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

brianm

PG5664 dorothy

Post by brianm »

this is mainly for Ian Grace. I got her back just before christmas hoping to go on the vscc boxing day run. there was no hope for that as she needed new king pins the starter motor and dynamo were both needing cleanning and new brushes and there was a problem with carb and throttle linkage.all of these are now done. but the gearbox worries me as 2nd gear is noisey.it is amazing how much goes wrong with a car off the road for a couple of years. i am waiting for some special 90 gear oil but if the gearbox persists in worrying me i shall be looking for a replacement. everything else seems o k for you to borrow her for the summer rally.I have booked accomodation for heidi and me and prudence also for daughter jane and hubby and agnes(sidevalve 2 seater) at Alderton near Prescot.are you ok for accomodation? rgds brian
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Re: PG5664 dorothy

Post by Ian Grace »

Hello Brian,

Thanks for the report. With all the chaos of the move to Seattle, I have left the Bed-Pan in the UK, so it wil be there for the summer rally, so I will have to disappoint Dorothy! The barn I have rented is for Jayne and I, not the car! It is a converted barn in Upton.

Just recieved my latest edition OS maps for the rally area this week, so the next task is to get the nav rally/tour route drafted.

Has Dorothy been down to Dave Cooksey for work? if yoiu have any photos, upload them or simply (!) e-mail them to me and I can upload them for you.

Here's one to be going on with - Dorothy arriving at Sudeley castle for a past VMR Nav rally:

brianm

Post by brianm »

yes Dorothy was with david cooksey.his brief was only to rebuild the engine the prop shaft and to make specific repair to the ash frame.all of this seems well done. the othe problems were not expected and because the car was very late in coming back to me I have not been able to use her as wanted over the xmas hols. I am quite relieved you do not need her for the summer rallybecause you never know what fate has in store. i will let daughter jane use her for the rally instead. thanks for the photo which reminded me of such a great day.I dont have aany new pics of d but will send if something good turns up.Do hope you are enjoying your new home. heidi and i send warmest greetings.
brianm

Post by brianm »

just in case somebody reads about gearbox (above) it is now cured. all is now ok