Christmas goodies?

This thread is for General Discussion, and Forum Q and A.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Ian Grace
Site Admin

Christmas goodies?

Post by Ian Grace »

OK - my family are all pestering me for what I want for Christmas. So, are there any good books or other goodies out there for the Minor enthusiast? Apart from a VMR badge, that is! What is on your Christmas list?

Edited to add:

Suggestion - include the two OS maps needed for the 2009 Summer Rally on your Christmas list! Landranger Map 150 (Worcester & The Malverns), Edition D and Landranger Map 163 (Cheltenham & Cirencester), Edition C2. These can be ordered for GBP 6-99 each online at http://leisure.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/lei ... tion=10166. Excellent stocking-fillers!
Toby

Re: Christmas goodies?

Post by Toby »

OS maps, good idea! Available on Amazon 2nd hand for less! Got this summers map then realised with 3 days to go that I needed another one! A very nice seller sent me one in time for our departure. There's nothing I need in life except world peace and a 34 tourer windscreen surround. (Still have the period, new rad muff if anyone is looking for a present for the man who's got it all!!! :D)
if it's got wheels or chips - it'll cost you dear
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Be careful with second hand maps - you need the current editions. I fell foul of this organizing an early VMR nav rally. I used a non-current edition to generate the clues - many of which are based in spot heights. Would you believe these heights very often change from one edition to the next! I learned this the hard way! :o

I have the right area maps for 2009 because we've been to the Cotswolds twice before, but I don't have the latest editions, so I that is why they are on my Christmas list.
Tony Gamble

Post by Tony Gamble »

GREAT Calendar , Ian.

Well done. Reciprocal Greetings to one and all in the USA and UK !

Tony G
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Here's a nice little Christmas goodie:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... otohosting
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »