Brooklands Centenary, Sunday 17th June

This thread is for discussing past and future events.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Ian Grace
Site Admin

Brooklands Centenary, Sunday 17th June

Post by Ian Grace »

As many of you will know, 2007 marks the Centenary of the opening of Brooklands, and the occasion will not go unmarked. On 17th June, one hundred years to the day after the track was opened, there will be a spectacular gathering at this hallowed site.

Can we muster a Vintage Minor contingent on the day? Many other clubs are organizing group runs down to Brooklands on the day. Reply here if you would like to go and we can then organize something if there is any interest.

Visit http://www.brooklandscentenary.co.uk for full details.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Further, this was posted recently on the MMM Forum:

"For the sake of clarity on obtaining tickets for Brooklands Centenary:

It has been arranged with Brooklands Museum Trust that Paul Duncombe will provide tickets for all people wishing to visit the Brooklands Centenary Celebrations on 16th and/or 17th June in a Triple-M car whether they are participating in the Triple-M rally that weekend or not.

To order your tickets, which can not be purchased on the day and must be applied for before May 5th, please write to Paul Duncombe at; Old Forge Cottage, 140 Braywick Road, Maidenhead, Berks, SL6 1DJ. stating the number of tickets required for each day, the model and Registration Number of the Triple-M car that you will be attending in (this service is not available to people who do not attend in a Triple-M car). Tickets are available at a discounted price of £30 each, per day, for the first two occupants of a car, any other occupants are charged at £35 each. Please include with your application an A5 SAE, a contact telephone number and e-mail address. UK members must include a cheque which must be made payable to ‘Brooklands Museum Trust Ltd.’, Overseas members must include their Credit Card details. Tickets will be mailed out, by Paul Duncombe, by the beginning of June. More general information is available in the website News Section."

If anyone is planning to go, let me know and I will see if I can establish a similar agreement for the VMR. However, as only 5 people have viewed this thread to date, I don't expect to be inundated with ticket requests! :cry: (Iincidentally, there were at least two Minors at the 60th Anniversary in 1967 - Olive Willat's fabric saloon and Dave and Wendy Cooksey's saloon OU 8448 (now believed to be in Switzerland) - so can't we do better than this forty years on?!)