rear view 2 door saloon

This thread is for discussing technical topics.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

g4pyd

rear view 2 door saloon

Post by g4pyd »

Hi Everyone,I need to see what a 1932 and 1934 back of a minor looks like,

There are plenty of pics of these cars but no one seems to photograph the rear end,

i need to configure my rear lights and other things can anyone help?

getiing on well with my restoration and a big thankyou for all who helped before with my questions.

colinjohnson@ntlworld.com

Col :D
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Re: rear view 2 door saloon

Post by Ian Grace »

Hi Colin,

Here's a 32/33 saloon rear end showing the original number plate with single TF 201 on the right and a couple of reflectors. You will need two rear lamps to pass the MoT, and many people make up a number plate with two ears - one each side. Does this help at all?
g4pyd

Post by g4pyd »

Thanks Ian, 2 ears :? . do you mean another tf201 on the otherside of the number plate?
Col
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Sort of - but I forgot to mention that the 201 is also too small a dia. for the MoT, so you need to fit replacements which are available from Paul Beck, I think. They are similar in design, but have larger lenses.
g4pyd

Post by g4pyd »

Yes I know what you mean :D but who is paul Beck?

Col
g4pyd

Post by g4pyd »

OK Ian I have him, many thanks Col
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

If Paul Beck doesn't have them, then the Complete Automobilist would.
Ken Martin

Post by Ken Martin »

Paul Beck took over The Commplete automobilist some time ago but he keeps both names going from the same address: Crosswinds Happisburgh Norwich NR12 0RX Tel 01692 650084 or 650455. http://www.vintagesupplies.com and http://www.completeautomobilist.com.
It is also worth looking at Stafford Vehicle Components Ltd http://www.s-v-c.co.uk - tel 08456 581 251. I have not used them but they advertise some interesting lamps.
Ken
g4pyd

Post by g4pyd »

Thanks Ian and Ken,
I have seen D lamps on some minors and wondered if this was only on 34s or later, that is why i wanted to see a later rear end (sounds awful doesn't it) :oops:

Col
Highlander

Post by Highlander »

Dear Col, The one modification I allow myself when restoring older vehicles are the rear lights. Regular readers will know I have a thing about seeing in the dark and being seen! The original TF 201 can be modified and I have somewhere srew on larger lens, these can still be purchased. Ithink they are inch and a half. However if you can get D lamps and fit brake lights I think you will be better off. May I ask what you will do with your headlights to make them better? Lets lighten up a bit, Highlander.
g4pyd

Post by g4pyd »

Hi Highlander,

I don't intend to drive at night all i want to do is pass a MOT when ready If the headlights are not good enough I will have the reflectors resilvered or fit new but Ime a long time of either have to get my engine rebuilt yet

chers Col